GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also tried watching Hansel and Gretel this weekend, mostly because I think Gemma Arterton is beautiful. Despite her presence in every scene, however, I could only watch for about 10-15 minutes before I gave up on it.

Drinking Buddies -- meh, the highlight was watching Olivia Wilde drink a Zombie Dust near the beginning. . . other than that the story was very mellow and full of sexual frustration..

Its a decent movie. But Jesus, so much sexual tension. Get it on already you jerk offs!

+1

Tried to watch Lillyhammer, couldn't get past third episode. Loved Little Stevie in Sopranos and with Bruce, but me no thinks he's leading material. Weak story line too.

Absolutely love House of Cards! Can't wait for season 2. I've read that both Spacey and Wright have indicated this is their final season with the show, which only tells me that it's curtains for HoC after this season. That said I have read that netflix is interested in further seasons, just have no idea how that happens w/o Spacey and Wright.

Out with a shoulder surgery, I can't drive anywhere or do anything. Think I'll delve into netflix this afternoon and see what else they have. My opinion, original programming is going to be their strong suit in the future, look for netflix to be a major player in that arena.

House of Cards is awesome. Lilyhammer was decent. Orange is new black was decent. Really House of Cards in my personal opinion is what people should check out for Netflix Original.

The Square -- follows a small group of individuals up to this past summer in documenting the egyptian revolution. i found it interesting, but i like cultural **** and was interesting seeing how these people meshed together coming from different religious backgrounds etc. . the united states isn't far behind (the government knows it i.e. the homeland security is sure beefing up). .

Haven't seen anyone mention The King's Speech, great film

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Home Brew mobile app

Didn't it win na oscar? Sorry I HATE pop culture and hollywood. NEVER watch any awards shows.

Sent from my K-9 Dog's ANUS using Home Brew mobile app

Yes, Somm is a great one for anyone who is or is interested in becoming a beer judge. It follows some people as they prepare for the sommelier exam for wine.

I watched this last night. It really reminded me of all the prep I did for the BJCP exam. Actually, I am redoing the tasting exam this year...

Didn't it win na oscar? Sorry I HATE pop culture and hollywood. NEVER watch any awards shows.

Sent from my K-9 Dog's ANUS using Home Brew mobile app

Yes, Best Picture & Best Actor for Colin Firth. May have won some other ones as well, but those 2 for sure.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Home Brew mobile app

I re-watched "Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai" last night. Great movie by Jim Jarmusch with a great soundtrack by RZA.

For anyone with little kids, check out that Turbo Fast cartoon. Its only on Netflix. My sons cant get enough. There are only 6 episodes so far, but they watch them over and over.

Silent Hill 2. It starts a little rough, but ends AWESOMELY.

The End credits alone warrant a watch. Those faceless nurses powered by light and sound are one of the freakiest images ever.

I just signed up Netflix again, so been purusing this thread for some suggestions.

I did find Sherlock (Sherlock Holmes set in modern day London, not the Elementary crap in CBS/NBC/ABC). I found it really well acted and a very interesting take on Holmes. Give it a go if you are interested, I had it suggested by a beer drinking friend and it didn't disappoint.

I just signed up Netflix again, so been purusing this thread for some suggestions.

I did find Sherlock (Sherlock Holmes set in modern day London, not the Elementary crap in CBS/NBC/ABC). I found it really well acted and a very interesting take on Holmes. Give it a go if you are interested, I had it suggested by a beer drinking friend and it didn't disappoint.

I am behind on Sherlock. From what the wife and kids tell me the past couple of episodes are amazing. And I agree, it's much better than that Elementary crap.

The relationship between Holmes and Watson is just crazy.

I actually just got Bernie. I have never seen it before either. Is it one I can watch with the kids? It was a gift, so i have no idea

I sat through "King of New York" last night. I thought it would be good being that it has Chris Walken and a long list of then up and coming stars (such as Lawrence Fishburn, Wesley Snipes, David Caruso and Steve Buscemi, et. al.), but is was not good. Mostly gratuitus violence, and a weird sexual relationship between Walken's character and his attorney. Lots of drug use (coke) and other sex scenes as well. I just didn't feel like it was very well done. Anyone else care to weigh in on this? Maybe I missed something...

I am behind on Sherlock. From what the wife and kids tell me the past couple of episodes are amazing. And I agree, it's much better than that Elementary crap.

The relationship between Holmes and Watson is just crazy.

I need to catch up on the latest season. Excited for it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Home Brew mobile app

OK....DEVIL'S PASS

Good solid movie. Follows the typical "teen character building counterpointed by a healthy dose of WTF WAS THAT???" strategy.

But before it really gets going, it takes some awesome turns and gets effiing FREAKY.

Only movie that has made me a little afraid of the dark in a LOOOONG time. Serious psychological horror that is 10X scarier than the jump out of your seat scares.

I actually just got Bernie. I have never seen it before either. Is it one I can watch with the kids? It was a gift, so i have no idea

Depends how old are your kids. Its fairly clean. You dont see any blood. I say yes, having no kids, there isnt anything bad about the film. Only one "kill".

I would say no to kids under 12 watching Bernie.

It isn't sex, violence, or language. It deals with some bizarre deeper emotions and conflictions that younger kids might be disturbed by. It is funny, but is NOT a comedy.

Jack did it as a serious role. The humor is in the odd behaviour of a few of the characters, not slap stick.

It is NOT Nacho Libre or School of rock.

It is probably more like the Jackyl than either of those.

Nah, doesn't ring a bell

Stop doing whatever it is you're doing right now and go log into Netflix and watch this movie. This is a mandatory assignment. :tank:

Honestly, this is a must-see movie that revolutionized the movie industry. If you haven't seen it, even today, it will blow your mind. Keep in mind that when it came out, Kevin Spacey was an unheard of actor. This film made his career. His presence in House of Cards (new season starts tomorrow!) can be derived completely from The Usual Suspects.

If you hadn't seen it, I recommend Idiot Abroad. Hilarious show, awesome tv

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back