GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Archer! It takes a few episodes to to get in the groove, but once you know the characters, it's hilarious! My girlfriend hated it when I first started watching it but after a few episodes, she was sitting down more and more and laughing too.

hqdefault.jpg

Ridiculous 6... anyone watched it yet?

My gut is telling me not to waste my time.

A friend of mine asked me if I'd seen it last night. He has watched it 3 times already and has a goal of watching it 100 times before he dies. Personally, I think that might kill anyone but... he did talk my wife into watching it which means I will probably have to sit through that first 6 minutes again...

A friend of mine asked me if I'd seen it last night. He has watched it 3 times already and has a goal of watching it 100 times before he dies. Personally, I think that might kill anyone but... he did talk my wife into watching it which means I will probably have to sit through that first 6 minutes again...

Under 10 minutes in and I was ready hang myself. And some people don't find the Trailer Park Boys funny...

It's not on Netflix, but Amazon Prime has "The Americans". It's interesting enough to get me to watch the first 5 episodes so far.

Archer! It takes a few episodes to to get in the groove, but once you know the characters, it's hilarious! My girlfriend hated it when I first started watching it but after a few episodes, she was sitting down more and more and laughing too.

definitely. talk about characters. i love pam the giant midwestern farm girl who is a world class bare-knuckle brawler.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it...

Aziz's "Master of None" is freaking HILARIOUS!

this is a good one too.

Both Ridiculous 6 and the Bill Murray Christmas Special things are relegated to the category of "never watch" unless I hear convincing arguments from multiple people whose opinions I trust.

Master of None is pretty good, though.

Lately I have been watching stuff on Google Play because I keep getting free credits.

Kids and I watched Ridiculous 6 this weekend. Loved it. But I love silly shows as long as they are at least a bit clever.

This is what you can expect:

Adam Sandler movie. Has a TON of guest stars. It's a silly Western. It's NOT a serious movie. It is not based on reality. Rob Schneider is in it (Oh that's right, I already said it was an Adam Sandler movie...)

The scene where the guy joins The Left Eye Gang had me rolling when the kids watched.

The wife and I have started watching F is for Family recently. It's a cartoon set in the 1970s with Bill Burr as the voice of the main character. Needless to say, the expletives come fast and furious. We're only a couple episodes in, but so far, so good.

Anyone onto "Making a Murderer"?

I'm four episodes in and can't wait to finish it. I'm completely hooked by this show.

Master of None was hilarious. So is Aziz Ansari's stand up.

Can't wait for the next season of House of Cards.

Daredevil and Jessica Jones are both great.

Lots of good stuff on Netflix these days.

I tried Making a Murderer with the wife who was all gung ho and only made it through the pilot. Absolutely hated it. Rampant corruption appears to have been present but that of course happens in numerous places and I'd still say is in the minority. It just seemed utterly Wah-Wah! to me. And rightfully so admittedly but I just have no desire to watch it.

Could be the non-fiction aspect though. I have enough problems IRL when I sit down to unwind I don't want to watch other RL people's misery.

I tried Making a Murderer with the wife who was all gung ho and only made it through the pilot. Absolutely hated it. Rampant corruption appears to have been present but that of course happens in numerous places and I'd still say is in the minority. It just seemed utterly Wah-Wah! to me. And rightfully so admittedly but I just have no desire to watch it.

Could be the non-fiction aspect though. I have enough problems IRL when I sit down to unwind I don't want to watch other RL people's misery.

Plus, now there's some information coming out about how the 'documentary' conveniently left out a TON of damning evidence against the defendant. Stuff that was impermissible in court but clear evidence that would water down the effect of the shady cops. Think of like this...they know dude did it, but couldn't get the facts straight or effed up along the way. So they framed him (or whatever. I'm only one episode in and really don't know much about it) to get off the streets.

I've had several people say that are engrossed in that, but I'm with you; I wanna find some humour and step away from the drama. This is why I don't watch:

Cop Shows (Except Brooklyn Nine-Nine!)
Hospital Shows (Except Scrubs!)
Court Shows (Except Night Court (mostly for Markie Post...))
xCIS shows (Except NTSF:SD:SUV Now, sadly cancelled.)
etc.
etc.

Way too much of that crap out there.

We started Murdering a Makerer last night. I thought the pilot was pretty good, but I don't know how I'm going to sit through 9 more episodes of this. It is kind of emotionally draining.

The bias in the documentary is a bit off-putting to me, though. Like how they tried to downplay the fact that he tried to run a woman off the road and assaulted her with a firearm (albeit unloaded). And the "cat incident" where he doused the family cat in gasoline and threw it in a fire was kind of played off like an accident.

I'm not doubting the guy was wrongfully imprisoned for the rape, or received an unfair trial for the murder he may or may not have committed, but the documentary tries a little to hard to portray him as this super nice guy, when the reality is a bit more complex than that.

Plus, now there's some information coming out about how the 'documentary' conveniently left out a TON of damning evidence against the defendant. Stuff that was impermissible in court but clear evidence that would water down the effect of the shady cops. Think of like this...they know dude did it, but couldn't get the facts straight or effed up along the way. So they framed him (or whatever. I'm only one episode in and really don't know much about it) to get off the streets.

been looking for this ton of damning evidence but can only ever find a rather brief interview with the prosecutor, that also had a reply from the people behind the show.

That would be an even bigger problem if you think about it. If he's guilty their heart may have been in the right place but the way they went about it would be criminal and corrupt. If he didn't do it, you've got an innocent man in jail. Either way, it's a bad situation.

Caught up on Ash vs Evil Dead.

After that I watched Cabin in the Woods. Now THAT had an unexpected twist! *thumbsup!*

Uhm...you didn't watch Ash on Netflix did you?!?!?!?! Cause if you did I need to know how, I want to watch that so much, but not getting a Starz subscription.

Uhm...you didn't watch Ash on Netflix did you?!?!?!?! Cause if you did I need to know how, I want to watch that so much, but not getting a Starz subscription.

I was able to watch the first episode on Direct TV on demand then my son and I binge watched the rest this weekend when he was home from school. I grinned through the entire season

I don't have a Starz subscription. I'm not sure where my son downloaded it from and I'm not asking any questions...

Um... No, it wasn't Netflix. Sorry, I sometimes throw shows from other channels in here. I treat this as a "Good on Streaming" thread.

I'm pretty sure we do have Starz, though. TBH I don't remember.

My copies fell off a truck...

Latest posts

Back