GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should check out The Last Dragon...I think it's on Prime.

Nice! I'm definitely going to be all over that!

If you are into music, the documentary "Muscle Shoals" is really enjoyable. I knew a lot of rockers recorded there. But I had no idea that a bunch of cracker musicians from 'Bama were responsible for the funk behind Aretha Franklin, Etta James, Percy Sledge etc.

Good music and good stories.

I found that on recommendation by someone else on here and loved it. Very interesting to see all of those artists working alongside those guys down there.

I got a recommendation from the lady who cuts my hair to watch a documentary on Bob Marley. I like a little Reggae, so I think this is another must-see.

Nice! I'm definitely going to be all over that!

I found that on recommendation by someone else on here and loved it. Very interesting to see all of those artists working alongside those guys down there.

I got a recommendation from the lady who cuts my hair to watch a documentary on Bob Marley. I like a little Reggae, so I think this is another must-see.

The Marley doc is great. I need to finish Muscle Shoals.

Just started Narcos. Hooked already after 1 episode.

I'm looking forward to it. I've heard that famous tag line more than once, but never saw it. I love them old cheesy films.

I saw a movie a couple of years ago about semi-futuristic gangs that have Dance Dance Revolution competitions. It was somewhat violent and have some very strong language. I couldn't turn away!

I gotta find out what the name of that movie was...

FOUND IT!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_FP

Post back after you've watched the Warriors. I want to here your reaction! Enjoy.

If you are into music, the documentary "Muscle Shoals" is really enjoyable. I knew a lot of rockers recorded there. But I had no idea that a bunch of cracker musicians from 'Bama were responsible for the funk behind Aretha Franklin, Etta James, Percy Sledge etc.

Good music and good stories.

That was an amazing doc. Loved it.

Anyone talk about the Blacklist Yet? We liked the first two seasons. I've been watching Longmire on Netflix and Treme on Prime.

I made it through season 1, but then gave up. I wanted to like the show so bad, but it was just so boring. Awesome setting, great production values, good actors... boring as hell.

Too bad. I thought it was quite good. Tom heardy is I. Season 2 and he is bad ass.

Wanted to watch Big Lebowski with my daughter, but Netflix has taken it down.

So we put on Ice pirates, and got about 10 minutes in before she had me switch to Key and Peele. I was digging the Ice Pirates, but she was in the mood for something more slapstickier.

Watched Repo Man last night. Was not impressed. Hardly funny, and kind of weird, but not good enough weird to warrant "Cult Classic" title IMO. I did enjoy the old cars somewhat.

Probably won't get to The Warriors tonight. Have a Marching Band Invitational to attend. Won't be home until late.

Need to find a few more classic to download. Have a couple of suggestions from work:

Arlington Road
Bob's Burgers (Kid and I actually tried that again on Sat night, but after the first episode we gave up. Switched to Archer.)
True Grit (remake)
A Clockwork Orange

Generation War is really good. A lot like Band of Brothers but on the German side...subtitles, three 80 minute episodes. I recommend.

Wanted to watch Big Lebowski with my daughter, but Netflix has taken it down.

If only someone had warned you that was going to happen.

I have finally finished my viewing of the "Living Dead" trilogy the other day with Day of the Dead which was added to Netflix on the 1st. Of course, that have since removed Night of the Living Dead and Dawn of the Dead, so good luck watching all three in a row like one might want to do. That turns out to be a pain in the butt. Using my Roku's search feature, I've found that I can stream Night of the Living Dead (Amazon Prime, Roku, snagfilms, tubitv) then switch to HBO Go for Dawn of the Dead, then switch back to Netflix or Hulu for Day of the Dead.

I think Maron is hilarious. It's weird. But unique. I almost turned it off after 5 minutes but kept watching and now I'm hooked. I also think Bobs Burgers is great (as many have said). I like dry humor.

Really? I may be the only one, or at least the only one who will admit it, but I haven't been able to get into Archer. I also am the guy who found Borat to be awful and turned it off after less than 15 minutes.

Really? I may be the only one, or at least the only one who will admit it, but I haven't been able to get into Archer. I also am the guy who found Borat to be awful and turned it off after less than 15 minutes.

Love Archer & Bob's Burgers.
I can't get into Borat!

I also never found SuperTroopers funny!

Beasts of no Nation

Netflix Original Movie.

Netflix is really steppin their game up with their original shows and now they makin movies too.

Watched "Freaks" late last week. It's an OLD movie about circus freaks and a love triangle. Featuring actual circus freaks.

It tries to pretend to be helping those people by bringing them exposure, but I think it's really just using them to get people to watch a movie.

It was freaky.

Dark Matter isn't too bad. The characters are a tad cliche, and yes, they did do zombie episode. But overall there are enough twists and turns in the story line to keep it interesting. Especially if you're a sci-fi geek.

watched "freaks" late last week. It's an old movie about circus freaks and a love triangle. Featuring actual circus freaks.

It tries to pretend to be helping those people by bringing them exposure, but i think it's really just using them to get people to watch a movie.

It was freaky.

one of us! One of us!

No The Warriors last night. Had to catch up on Brooklyn 99, and then the family decided to check out The Muppets. Then it was bedtime.

For some reason I don't understand, my daughter doesn't seem excited to watch all these cool movies I try to show her.

Looks like something my wife would watch with my kids. Not sure my liver would be up to the amount of alcohol it would take me to stomach it though at face value. ;)

My boss virtually insisted that I watch Archer. I really kind of struggled with the first season initially. There were pieces of framework all over the place in it, it was a little slow for me at first, and the character troupe wasn't quite filled out enough in that first season to pull me in initially. When out of other things I went back and finished the last episode or two of season 1 and moved onto season 2 and it picked up nicely and I've liked it ever since. The Lana character didn't really offset well enough imo to start out but more Pam addition filled that gap and they really click nicely as a pair of offsetters. Also, I'm probably still drunk so ignore me.

Started The Warriors, but had to interrupt it. Not a bad start. I'm actually liking it quite a bit. Chick is hot and the dialogue is excellent!

Kid won't watch Ice Pirates. We saw maybe 10 minutes the other day and she couldn't take it. Too Cheesy and the SFX was too old. I couldn't get her to try again, so we had a choice between Munchausen or Lebowski, and she chose Lebowski.

I heard they are writing a sequel, BTW...

Dark Matter isn't too bad. The characters are a tad cliche, and yes, they did do zombie episode. But overall there are enough twists and turns in the story line to keep it interesting. Especially if you're a sci-fi geek.

Wife and I started this one a few days ago. It's interesting enough, but so far it has been super predictable. Hopefully the plot thickens in a few more episodes.

I finally got around to watching Upstream Color, after finding out recently that it was made by the same guy who made Primer. It went from "maybe I'll watch that one day" to "I should watch that pretty soon".

I have to say, if you liked Primer, he does a lot of the same things, conceptually, with this one. Like Primer, there are several connected narratives that don't seem to be connected at first. His budget was clearly more than the $7k he spent to make Primer, and it definitely shows. The photography, sound, lighting, etc. are all superb. His use of color and sound in the film is really fantastic, and follows the themes in the narrative. It is another film where you probably need to watch it a few times to grok all the stuff going on.

EDIT: according to wikipedia, the budget for Upstream Color was $50,000. WTF that is a crazy low budget for such amazing production values.

Watched first half of Evil Dead 2 with the young one last night. I can't tell if she was impressed or not. It was getting late, so we had to stop it.

I'm just trying to prep her for the new Ash vs Evil Dead series on Starz! I watched the first episode and it was pretty kick ass.

Just finished Dark Matter with the wife last night. I'm glad I stuck with it, ended up being worth the watch. Looking forward to season 2

Watched first half of Evil Dead 2 with the young one last night. I can't tell if she was impressed or not. It was getting late, so we had to stop it.

I'm just trying to prep her for the new Ash vs Evil Dead series on Starz! I watched the first episode and it was pretty kick ass.

Presumably you will make sure she sees Army of Darkness as well.

Presumably you will make sure she sees Army of Darkness as well.

Presumably she will if she likes the second one well enough. I'm not sure she was into it, but it was getting late and she was tired. I'm forced enough "bad" movies on her to make her wary of my suggestions, though. :D

Boyfriend is coming over for dinner tonight, so maybe we can finish the second one and get started on AOD. Not sure what his taste in movies is. I think AOD is fine for anyone interested in a campy horror romp with cheesy one-liners.

Obligatory AOD quote: "Alright you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK!"

Oh, and...

"Hail to the King, baby!"

I've been crushing through the first season of Daredevil. It's pretty solid.

Latest posts

Back