GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that your blood? No, no it's college kid blood.

Some kid just hucked himself into the wood chipper. Think it was one of those college kids.

Such an epic movie!

Touche mongrel, lol.
Dead Alive hold a special place in my heart. I was living in NYC when it hit the theaters. An ambling group of zombies convinced me and the roommates to rush to a noon opening day screening in the East Village. We loved it so much that we got right back in line and bought tickets to the following screening. Only movie I've ever done that for.

Dead Alive hold a special place in my heart. I was living in NYC when it hit the theaters. An ambling group of zombies convinced me and the roommates to rush to a noon opening day screening in the East Village. We loved it so much that we got right back in line and bought tickets to the following screening. Only movie I've ever done that for.

Don't get me wrong! I love it too.

We weren't discussing which movie is better though. Just the best line.

I'm part of the other half then. as far as I know, it still holds the record for the most fake blood ever used in a movie. the lawnmower scene was to die for. (see what I did there?)

Pretty sure that record was obliterated, burned, and then the ashes defecated upon. It's a shame the new record holding movie was weak...

Speaking of Cannibal the Musical, Troma just turned 40!? Man they've been showing up the mega conglomerates for a long time now.

I didn't even realize that both the movies I just mentioned were Troma.

Btw, Cannibal the Musical IS streaming on netflix, and Redneck Zombies is on youtube, in case anyone's interested.

I had a VHS of cannibal the musical for years and just finally got the DVD for Christmas last year. Haven't watched the drunken commentary yet...that sounds awesome. Thank God for Troma...the Yin to the film industry's yang. I still get nightmares from bloodsucking freaks and the last time I watched it was fifteen years ago. That movie is like Mark of the Devil on angel dust.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure that record was obliterated, burned, and then the ashes defecated upon. It's a shame the new record holding movie was weak...

I liked the new Evil Dead. I think if the movie hadn't been called Evil Dead, and thus had such incredibly large shoes to fill, it might have been received better by some people. And no one loves the original Evil Dead movies more than me. But I thought it was a good movie in its own right, even if it had barely any similarities to the original. I'm actually glad they decided not to try to be too similar to the originals, since there's no way they could have improved on them. I walked out of the theater with a definite buzz, the kind you can only get from a good horror movie.

I went and saw a small drama company do an evil dead musical in Lynn Mass last Halloween and it was so much better than I thought it would be. Nothing like wearing ponchos with a crowd of thirty or so evil dead fans, getting pelted with fake blood.

There's a theater company in Breckenridge that seems to do Cannibal the Musical every few years or so. I've missed it the last couple times, so I've been waiting and hoping they'll do it again.

I liked the new Evil Dead. I think if the movie hadn't been called Evil Dead, and thus had such incredibly large shoes to fill, it might have been received better by some people. And no one loves the original Evil Dead movies more than me. But I thought it was a good movie in its own right, even if it had barely any similarities to the original. I'm actually glad they decided not to try to be too similar to the originals, since there's no way they could have improved on them. I walked out of the theater with a definite buzz, the kind you can only get from a good horror movie.

I didn't say it was awful. ;) Just weak. I should note it wasn't meant to be a remake. *SUPPOSEDLY* it's supposed to be sequential to the others and it did have a few tributes in it (the 88, the old cabin) but not working out the art issues and the fact that it's supposed to trigger their TV Series... It just seemed inadequate.

That said, in my overly long stint in the ER yesterday I took the time to rewatch T&DvE and maybe I was a bit harsh but not overly so. Tudyk was the only semi-plausible/believable character in the entire thing (maybe the cop but I've not met enough of them to answer that one). I find it amusing that earlier the same people in this thread decrying utter absurdity and overreaching characters and/or story then turn around to tout this being one of the greatest films ever. I *MIGHT* have bought the college kids as drunk offshot teenagers but as college kids they're a bit hard to buy. And the Tucker guy? Just wow. I just can't... It's like a bad satire of Larry the Cable Guy crossed with Club Dredd and The Starving Games. Personally I think it's more hype than good but to each their own. As for the "great quotes," frankly they seemed more the product of unfortunate and terrible writing than anything else. I'll give you Dead Alive or Shaun of the Dead but frankly this one isn't even remotely in the same league on *ANY* level. If you're drunk and want a stupid movie to pass the time it'll get the job done. But frankly if I'd never seen it (much less twice), my life wouldn't be missing out on anything whatsoever.

"Hey guys. Abe Lincoln."

Umm....isn't it "Hey Blinkin"? Otherwise it isn't really funny......

Speaking of Airplane.....(;)) I had an IDIOT for a boss who loved to quote Airplane....badly.

The real quote is:

"Joe is in the Hospital"

"The Hospital?!?!?!? What is it?"

"A large building with Drs and patients....but that's not important right now"

BA DUM DUM.

This idiot would blurt out "WHAT'S A HOSPITAL?!?!?!??!?!" 2 or 3 times a week and laugh hysterically.

Only the idiot butt kissing employee would laugh along with him. Everyone else would just grin emberrassedly and look at each other, wondering how they could screw up such a simple joke.

TOSH.0 - AP

Jesus christ. Nearly spit out my coffee and puked all in 1 half hour show this morning. (season 7? Where his office manager eats ANYTHING....the horse seimen is where I actually had to turn it off) SO funny. So tasteless. So self depricating.

Funniest comedian alive today....

TOSH.0 - AP

Jesus christ. Nearly spit out my coffee and puked all in 1 half hour show this morning. (season 7? Where his office manager eats ANYTHING....the horse seimen is where I actually had to turn it off) SO funny. So tasteless. So self depricating.

I've seen him live (stand-up) and he is definitely and equal opportunity offender.

Exactly. If he was actually racist, he would be a complete ass, the way he makes racist things funny actually helps to end racism by making it look silly.

Awesome.

Hey getting back to Netflix...if there are any fans of the Trailer Park Boys out there I hear they are bringing an all new season 8 to Netflix in the near future. Can't wait.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I8vvHr2qkQg

Everyone should watch this series. Worst case Ontario you learn a thing or two about how we live up here in Canada.

Make my words, you'll love this show if you don't already.

TOSH.0 - AP

I used to think of him as a Dane cook type, then I started watching him and realized I was wrong. He's really funny. More of a Burt Kreischer type. Burt Kreischer rocks.

I'm about halfway thru season 2 of Lost Girl and it's starting to get old. This last episode really bugged me. How hard is it to pronounce lich?!!?

Back