GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The real one is the mutated fish, human smuggler.

I got 35 minutes into the other one and it's decent.

Lol, I will need more than that!

Yes, the Korean mourning was hilarious!!

It was even funnier when the dad got offed and the daughter was starting her well-rehearsed "Fall down and weep incoherently" act but there was no time with bad guys closing in ;)

We Are What We Are

Holy freaking christ. Most epic ending I have seen in a LOOOOOOONG time, and I very seldom use the word "epic". Awesome movie! Disturbing Horror, great suspense, original plot.

I was unaware people still used the term "tweener". I bet you still refer to your "swag" when trying to hook up with girls, no?

Is there some sort of projection device that will me watch TV outside without bringing substantial equipment out? I understand I'll need power but I do t want cable cables; maybe something connected with wifi?

Is there some sort of projection device that will me watch TV outside without bringing substantial equipment out? I understand I'll need power but I do t want cable cables; maybe something connected with wifi?

Chromecast? Works with android and iOS devices.

There is a plethora of choices assuming you have wifi connectivity, but pretty much all of them assume that you are either watching content directly off the internet, or using a device like a slingbox.

Not talking about streaming. I'm actually talking about something that will project what's on my device onto a projection screen to create a big picture...

I was unaware people still used the term "tweener". I bet you still refer to your "swag" when trying to hook up with girls, no?
Nope. It's what my young daughters refer to them as. Somehow I'm inclined to take their word for it over yours due to sheer proximity.

well yeah, but with the software to run streaming videos
I've done so with a Kindle Fire (HD, not sure about HDX) and a cheap projector that would take HDMI. It's harder to find decent quality projectors at a non-bank breaking price.

Chromecast will do so from your phone/tablet to a HDMI enabled device for most apps like Youtube, Crackle, etc.
Some phones, tablets will connect to your TV/projector and output the same thing using a usb to HDMI or like connector. Additionally you can make a long ass coax type cable if you want to make your own high school style AV cart and just run an extension cord and a tv or internet cable and hook it all up that way.

Netflix wants me to read and agree to 102 pages of terms of use.

102 pages!!!!

I was going to watch something. But now I have to spend the whole afternoon reading their terms.

User Agreements are ALL so long and convoluted that no one can interpret them.

Unfortunatel being a GIGANTIC company opens you up to liability that is unavoidable if you don't protect yourself.

I have found them to be completely ethical and trustworthy

HAUNT - satarted off AWESOME and then settled for cheap scares and unsurprising plot twists. Good though.

The Last will and testament of......whatsername was AWESOME.

No blood or guts, awesome suspense. Amazing twist and premise. Minimalistic. Unique.

*EDIT* Last will and testament of Rosalind Leigh*

SWMBO and I watched "We Cause Scenes: The Rise of Improv Everywhere" last night, and it was pretty entertaining. I was surprised to see how many memorable "viral videos" I've seen over the years that were all created essentially by one guy. I hadn't even know they were all orchestrated by IE.

We've also been making our way through "Scrubs", and we're nearly to the end. I watched them all as they originally aired, but its nice to revisit the show. The humor still holds up really well. Somehow she'd never seen it before. I remember the last season pretty much sucking though, so I'm not really looking forward to that.

Oh man it's hard to top Scrubs in my book.
Didn't the last season have a new cast though?

Yeah, they started to focus on a new cast in an effort to keep the show going, but it didn't really work too well. Most of the old cast was still there IIRC, but they kind of took a back seat.

SWMBO and I watched "We Cause Scenes: The Rise of Improv Everywhere" last night, and it was pretty entertaining. I was surprised to see how many memorable "viral videos" I've seen over the years that were all created essentially by one guy. I hadn't even know they were all orchestrated by IE.....

That was really good! I thought they put all of the really awesome stuff in the first half, but still a great watch! LOL funny.

I just finished season 7 of Doctor Who. It wasn't my favorite season, but still miles better than most of the junk on TV and while it was a little slow at times, the season finale made it all worth it.

They say "cocksucker" a lot in Deadwood

They say a lot of stuff needlessly in Deadwood. Jeez...

Holy Crap!

Orange I t n black season 2 was FANTASTIC.
I wasn't overly enamored with it personally. The wife seemed bored with it too after about half the season. I haven't been able (or drunk enough) to watch the other Netflix Original with Spacey. The stupid horror show they do got semi-interesting towards the end of season one. May give season two a shot and see if they managed to improve or if they had written themselves into a bind.

Bidder 70 was really good.

Sorry Accidic! Loved Orange is the new black........cocksucker.....

;)

The second season (OitNB) seemed short on ideas and tried to conceal it with more emphasis on the other prisoners. I suppose that makes sense, wasn't the first season based on the book of which there's only one right?

And holy crap, so many cocksuckers and f-bombs in Deadwood. I normally try to watch them while the kid's going to sleep but that puts a bit of a damper on that plan.

Cheezy, Cheezy

You do know the best movies ever made were by John Wayne and Humphrey Bogart. Well HB made two really great movies The African Queen and Casablanca. John Wayne, just made Great movies!!

Cheezy, Cheezy

You do know the best movies ever made were by John Wayne and Humphrey Bogart. Well HB made two really great movies The African Queen and Casablanca. John Wayne, just made Great movies!!

I always liked The Big Sleep & The Maltese Falcon as well. Both used to be on Netflix streaming, but I don't know if they still are.

Too many good John Wayne movies to list...

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Check out The Battered Bastards of Baseball. I highly unknown story about an independent baseball team from Portland. Very cool

I got the Roku and it's pretty sweet. Just had issues navigating my menu on amazon. Anyone have this problem? Super slow, push the down or side arrows and it just slowly shifts its way there

Cheezy, Cheezy

Lol, this is the GOOD ON (insert streaming source) THREAD....not the BEST MOVIES EVER THREAD.

That said, I appreciate Duke and HB, but find their movies harder and harder to watch.

Media is evolving, for good and bad.

Just scrolling through the recently added stuff, and saw they added City of God (Cidade de Deus). They also have Elite Squad: The Enemy Within (Tropa de Elite 2: O Inimigo Agora É Outro). Highly recommend both of these great Brazilian films.

Latest posts

Back