Good Morning from VA!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nessie

Reaction score
In the military working in a chemistry based field, my instructors at my training command were all into the hobby and introduced me to John Palmer's "How to Brew". Spent the next year researching and brewing with extracts due to space constraints. Now i am in the process if converting my garage into a home brewery utilizing the HERM system and the BCS 460.

Cheers!

Thank you for your service!! As a fellow Virginian, I served by way of employment with a DOD contractor at NAS Oceana during the first Gulf war in 1989-1990. I'm up in the Jefferson National Forest now. It suits me better than flatland.

Although I'm a "seasoned citizen", I have only one batch of Belgian Ale (6.5% ABV from an extract kit) under my belt. It turned out very tasty after 4-6 weeks of conditioning. I plan to use the same kit again, but bump it up to 9% With Munton's Light DME and a bit more Belgian Candy Sugar. I realize that I will have to up my hops additions about 30% to main balance.

I would be honored to share what I learn/have learned with a fellow Virginian, and especially so for a Vet. Do not hesitate to contact me directly. You have the same resources I have, "How To Brew", and this forum, but I would be happy to help you if I can, if you are patient. I work odd hours.

Again, thank you for your service! I salute you, and appreciate the sacrifices that your family have made, as well. May our government keep it's promise to you and yours!!

Last edited:
Hi from Fredericksburg. Would live to help you but it's a bit far to drive.

Back