Good beer to blend w thin Flanders Red?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffOYB

Reaction score
Is there a better sub-group for sour or Flanders Red chat? It's not wild...

Anyway, I've heard that sours and Flanders Reds are often blended. Can this be done in the glass? I have a FR that I bottled a few wks ago that tastes thin and tart. I'm wondering if I just mixed it w a malty beer w more body if that might be cute.

(I've posted about my new beer in another thread. It sat in carboy 1 yr 9mos. It's now a bit fizzy, vinegary, tart fruity. Doesn't seem like much to me. Maybe something more will happen in the bottle in next month, which i primed w corn sugar. I added a few grams of baker's yeast before bottling.)

I asked a very similar question recently. I was told that since it's been bottled, there's not much you can do. I blend it with different styles of beer in the glass to see what it goes well with. So far, it goes best with stouts & saison.

Tim

I'd go to the bottle shop and buy a few beers you think would work out. Saisons are a good bet. Do a little blending session with a few choices, then brew something like it
Good Luck!

Back