good base recipe (SIMPLE) to experiment with fruit/other add-ins

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fanoffermentation

Reaction score
Anyone have a good, simple "base" recipe as described above that I can do some experimenting with using fruits or other creative additions? I would think it would have to be good enough to stand on it's own, but the additions just give it a little extra oomph. I prefer a straightforward partial mash or extract brew. Any ideas?

Try Biermuncher's Centennial Blonde recipe (in the recipe section). I don't know how "easy" you mean, but I think it seems relatively simple. Pretty cheap too really. It was ~$20 at my LHBS (not including hops that I already have). The combo of cheap, light, and 4% scream experimentation to me. I'll be brewing it on Thursday, so I can't comment on taste, but there are plenty of pages of people saying how great theirs turned out. Good luck!

I use a basic one for my fruits.

5lb XLDME
1lb Carapils
1oz Cascade 60
1oz Cascade 20
1oz Cascade 1
US-05

I enjoy Cascade and have a good amount at home, but you can do what you wish with the hops.

Back