Going to Philadelphia airport tomorrow....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slogger

Reaction score
........traveling up 95 from Maryland to pick up relatives at the airport. I'm wondering if there's a distributor on the way once I hit PA that carries Pliney the elder. Anybody know?

Try pinnochios in media,pa. Website is pinbeer.com. also, state line liquors in maryland is easy to get to and has a crazy selection.

While not necessarily on the way, you could call some bottle shops in the city to see if they carry it. Check out the Foodery in Philly.

I am sorry to use your thread like this, slogger, but I'm going to be up in your neck of the woods in a couple or few weeks (Prince Frederick, actually) to see my dad. Can you please recommend a good local brewery?

I am sorry to use your thread like this, slogger, but I'm going to be up in your neck of the woods in a couple or few weeks (Prince Frederick, actually) to see my dad. Can you please recommend a good local brewery?

Prince Frederick is a ways away from anything that I know of but as jaynick had stated DuClaw Pubs seem to be all around these days. If you are willing to take a hike the Brewer's Art is in Baltimore, they have some very fine craft brew. There's a place in Ellicott City, MD - Ellicott Mills that is also a Brew Pub but can't say one way or another anything about their beers but the trip to Ellicott City is worth it alone. Very cool little town. Hope this helps.
Heavy Seas opened a restaurant in Baltimore on Bank street and they also have regular brewery tours. The brewery is right off of 695 outside baltimore and easy to get to from the highway. Good people, even better beer.

I haven't seen Pliny in bottles in the Philly area. I've heard of rumors that there are some, but I haven't seen any...and I frequent a few bottle shops. It's not particularly difficult to get it on tap though.

Back