Going crazy - does the Johnson A419 have an alarm or beeper?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barnesie

Reaction score
Something in my garage is beeping and I have no idea where it's coming from. It seems to be totally random and only beeps once every few hours or so, so I have not been able to identify it yet.

Help me out here by narrowing the possibility, does the Johnson A419 have any type of audible alarm or beeper? I didn't think it does, but I'd like to rule it out.

Still at a loss, but I think it might be coming from my brand new garage door opener. At this point I don't think it's the controller for the keggerator though.

I haven't been spending a lot of time in the garage to analyze this properly, but I did just get a new dartboard that I'll be hanging in there tonight...so we'll see.

Sprinkler system alarm ( low battery- lost program-lost power)?
Freezer alarm ( temperature problem )?
Smoke or CO Alarm battery low?

Good luck.

bosco

Still at a loss, but I think it might be coming from my brand new garage door opener. At this point I don't think it's the controller for the keggerator though.

I haven't been spending a lot of time in the garage to analyze this properly, but I did just get a new dartboard that I'll be hanging in there tonight...so we'll see.

Does your garage door opener have a battery backup? If so it might have a problem there. I had one the battery went dead and it would beep.

Hope this helps!

Does your garage door opener have a battery backup? If so it might have a problem there. I had one the battery went dead and it would beep.

Hope this helps!

It does have a battery backup and it is brand new, so there's something to look into. I did think about that the other day, so I'll check that when I get home.

Just so this thread can have a conclusion, I figured out what the noise was.

Turns out that Verizon FiOS has a battery backup unit (BBU) in their fiber modem they place in your house. Mine happens to be in the garage in a small closet in the back that we don't use, thus it was very hard to locate and identify.

We've had service for just over three years and it looks like the battery has died and now warns us every 10 minutes or so. Depending on who you talk to in Verizon, they will most likely indicate that this is your problem and ask you if you'd like to buy a new one.

So, there you go.

Back