Go to Homebrew Recipe Kit Suppliers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bumma

Reaction score
Who are you all buying pre-packaged all-grain recipe kits from? Not quite ready to move into building my own yet.

I use my LHBS but they also do online orders as well.

http://www.greatfermentations.com

They are a sponsor here as well.

I was going to say I don't get anything from them, but I guess I do. If you tell them I sent you I get some free rewards points.

Morebeer is always $$$ for me. Had very good results with Northern Brewer also but now that they are owned by Gojira brewing ("Raawwrrr") some people won't order from them again.

Rebel Brewer is where I get my ingredients. I believe they have all grain kits though I've not used that product line. They ship fast and I get great customer service.

I quit ordering from NB due to their shipping policy. Long before the sell out.

Northern Brewer for me. I don't buy kits very often but NB has worked with pro brewers to come up with clone kits and I haven't had a bad recipe from them yet. I'm local to NB so it is also convenient. I also really like MoreBeer's All-gran kits and their shipping rates.

I have done 4 from Northern Brewer (Amber Ale, Cream Ale, 2nd Crack Stout, Oktoberfest), and the last one came from aih (homebrewing.org). The ones from NB were good kits, with fresh (from what I can tell) ingredients. I can't say much about the blue moon clone kit from aih, other than it was well packaged, and nothing smelled stale since its currently in the fermenter.

Who are you all buying pre-packaged all-grain recipe kits from? Not quite ready to move into building my own yet.
Hi. Your profile doesn't indicate where you are, but if you have a Local Home Brew Supply store (LHBS,) I'd certainly give them a shot at putting together your "kit." The real benefit of an LHBS is they can often give you advice, provide you with the "oh crap...I forgot [fill in here]" item(s) you needed, and maybe provide you with a fresher pack of yeast. Ed
:mug:

Austin Homebrew and Love2Brew have a big selection of all-grain kits. I've used both but only small batches … 1-2.5 gallons. I've been happy with the results.

I wanted to try them, but it's hard to gauge a kit without any feedback from others, and I am still very new at this so I can't envision taste just by an ingredient list.

Developing a recipe on your own can be daunting....so don't start from scratch, use someone else's recipe and make your own kit. There are a ton of tested recipes, most with feedback availiable right here on HomeBrewTalk. Take a look at these and choose one to try. You can make some small modifications to them to see how the difference tastes too as a step to developing your own recipes. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54

You may have to look at a few to find which are extract or all grain. Don't let the all grain recipes throw you off. Going all grain is much easier than you imagine and can be quite a bit cheaper than extract and will give you much more latitude in developing recipes.:mug:

Last edited by a moderator:
I also put in my vote for Jasper's. I've bought quite a few 1G and 5G extract recipes from them. The recipes turned out good and I've had excellent customer support whenever I asked questions or for more information.

Back