Go Jim Zorn!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same ol' Skins fans.... hope a mediocre 8-8 season won't cause Redskin Nation to implode like our current economy! It's early, let's talk in December when you all will be calling for a Zorn lynching!

Eastside

Same ol' Skins fans.... hope a mediocre 8-8 season won't cause Redskin Nation to implode like our current economy! It's early, let's talk in December when you all will be calling for a Zorn lynching!

Eastside

blah blah blah. They look solid. I've seen my fair share of implosions in the second half of the season with this damn team...believe me. But all the ones that I can remember, they were barely limping to wins in the first half, just getting lucky here and there, but they games could've gone either way. This time, they're solidly beating quality opponents. So I see where you're coming from based on past experience, but I don't see the same team this year. I just don't.

If the line keeps giving Campbell some time to throw, they'll be good. He seems to get pretty squirrelly under pressure. He also seems to be making better decisions this year.

Whatever happened to that kid from Tulane?

It's just good to be talking football, and 4-1 is nothing to sneeze at. I do believe that the NFC East is the best division in football (except the Eagles!), and I believe the SuperBowl winner will come from this division!

Peace

Nothing to sneeze at? I will have to disagree with you on that one. 4-1 is pretty damn good. Its not like we have squeezed by on each of these wins (well, yes, we have, its been a small margin of victory) but there is a certain 'flow' that this team has this year. I mean, we had 16 unanswered points with philly. We will be much better then 8-8. I am not saying superbowl, but I can see something like 10-6.

We just need someone to beat the freekin Giants a few times.

well no one will beat the giants a few times this year, except the NFCE as a whole....but yeah, they need to face a real team for once this season

I'm far, far, far from being a 'Skins fan. I loved watching the last few times Seattle bumped them out of the playoffs. But, being a longtime Seahawks fan, I gotta root just a little for Jim Zorn. Just not against the Seahawks. :D

I'm far, far, far from being a 'Skins fan. I loved watching the last few times Seattle bumped them out of the playoffs. But, being a longtime Seahawks fan, I gotta root just a little for Jim Zorn. Just not against the Seahawks. :D

You may as just root for the skins over the seahawks....you guys are going to blow this year, oh wait, already are

Remind me to invite you over next time I want someone to pee in my cheerios. Bastid. :D

We shall see what happens next month, shall we?

Remind me to invite you over next time I want someone to pee in my cheerios. Bastid. :D

We shall see what happens next month, shall we?

I won't do that

Oh next month, the seahawks may win 2 gameswhile we are working on 11-2.....nuff said

implosion
One entry found.

Main Entry:
im·plo·sion Listen to the pronunciation of implosion
Pronunciation:
\im-ˈplō-zhən\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
2in- + -plosion (as in explosion)
Date:

1: the inrush of air in forming a suction stop2: the action of imploding3: the act or action of bringing to or as if to a center ; also : integration <this implosion of cultures makes realistic for the first time the age-old vision of a world culture &#8212; Kenneth Keniston>
&#8212; im·plo·sive Listen to the pronunciation of implosive \-&#712;pl&#333;-siv, -ziv\ adjective or noun

We got Roy Williams. So when Roy Williams gets back off DL he can take his place beside Roy Williams. :drunk:

Well, at least we took care of the bait-and-switch situation at punter. Brooks is awful, just plain hard to watch. He was playing well enough to beat out Frost in the preseason, then fell apart once it counter. Hopefully Plackemeier can pick up the slack. It IS curious how Zorn went back to a bunch of 'hawks...:D

Oh Jim Zorn "Ok, this absolutely was appalling to my bride of 29 years, but I actually found road kill. I didn't hunt the coyote, I found road-kill coyote, put it in a bag, shoved it in my trunk. I thought, 'A coyote pelt, this is awesome!'"

Yup, he said it.

3rd in the division, very nice, I hope that the Bucs and Giants loose this week, that would be a tremendous help

Hard fought game between 2 teams in full survival mode. Our playoffs started last night.:rockin:

Hard fought, yes. Now will someone please explain to me how that was a touchback? As I understand it, the ball/play was dead as soon as Cartwright touched it. The subsequent accidental kicking of the ball into the endzone-inhabiting Cartwright was after the play was dead, no? And he was obviously 100% outside the endzone when he first touched the ball.

Yet, after the challenge, the refs said that it was a touchback because the ball was kicked into Rock while he was laying in the endzone. Am I misunderstanding this rule?

Ball is not automatically dead upon touching. It doens't become a dead ball situation until the whistle is blown, the ball is completely still and possession has been maintained.

Apparently, touching the ball isn't enough to down it. They said since he didn't maintain possession, the ball was still live when it hit him as he was laying in the endzone. It was a bonehead move, anyway. No redskin player had to touch it and it would've been dead on the 1 yard line.

Either the skins were just plain flat last night or the Cowboys are back on track. I hope it's the latter. In any case, I thought their defense looked good and the offense is completely different with Romo vs Johnson (time to kick that boy to the curb!).

Apparently, touching the ball isn't enough to down it. They said since he didn't maintain possession, the ball was still live when it hit him as he was laying in the endzone. It was a bonehead move, anyway. No redskin player had to touch it and it would've been dead on the 1 yard line.

Either the skins were just plain flat last night or the Cowboys are back on track. I hope it's the latter. In any case, I thought their defense looked good and the offense is completely different with Romo vs Johnson (time to kick that boy to the curb!).

I guess I'm going to be that A-Hole and say no, the Cowboys are not back on track.....Marian Barber carried the entire offense on his shoulders....Defense was ok, but Offense lacked except with Mr. Barber taking the helm

Back