Gluten free carrot-pils

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robbyhicks

Reaction score
Well im gonna give this a shot for big brew day... im going to do the recipe from brooklyn brew shops book and follow it exact except cutting the hops down...

Im not sure how to plug this into a recipe calc since they dont give ppm info or og/fg info for that matter... so ill have to play with another light bodied light abv recipe and play with their hops levels to get them down...

Also leaning towards el dorado hops so ill need like .2oz for the whole recipe if I want to cut the levels... Ill comment back on what I decide and my results...

Ill have to check the exact recipe that I used... missed getting decent og and skipped the fg all together (no point since the og was an unreliable reading) but this finished out between 3.5 and 4%...im thinking im in the 15-20 ibu range based on the body and minimal hop character... I ended up using some pearle I had on hand... I think the eldorado would make a great compliment to this brew... definately gonna try this again... 3 things will need to happen first... 1. A food processor with the shred blade, peeling and shredding 1lb/gal of carrots SUCKS! 2. My 5gal cooler converion mash tun converted... 3. A more accurate jewelers scale for doing el dorado (15.3 aau) in 1 gal batches...

Latest posts

Back