• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Oklahoma Glacier Immersion Chiller For Fermentation Control

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conan71

Reaction score
Glacier immersion chiller for sale. 1/6 HP, 1100 BTU, stainless coil. Stainless coil is on 4’ supply and return lines. Footprint is roughly 14 x 14 x 12H New Ranco temp controller installed. Unit works perfectly.

Glacier’s web site: http://www.glaciercorp.com/Pages/aquarium_chill.html?pgid=5

I used this as a fermentation temp control unit with the coil inside a 70 qt. Igloo cooler and a couple of pumps and temp controllers with immersion chillers inside my fermenters.

You could use this in an unused bath tub, shower pan, mop sink, etc. with fermentation buckets and not have to worry about changing out ice bottles- pretty handy if you travel!

I’ve pushed the water temp in the cooler down to 35F before, the lowest maintained fermenter temp I’ve attained is 46F in an insulated stainless conical (SS Brew Tech 14 gal & modified Stout 7 gal). I’ve not been able to approach cold crash temps. It may be possible in cooler winter months, but I’ve not run this during the winter.

In an 85 to 90 degree ambient garage, I was able to maintain fermentation temps in the low 50’s.

The only reason I’m selling is I found a smoking deal on a Perlick glycol chiller and I’d like to be able to cold crash in the fermenters.

Price is $350 plus shipping which should run about $40-$50. Will ship to continental US only but would really prefer pick up here in Tulsa. Unit weighs about 40 pounds.

I do take Paypal and the company I work for ships UPS daily.

IMG_1934 (1).jpg

IMG_1940 (1).jpg

IMG_1933.jpg

IMG_1938 (1).jpg

IMG_1937 (1).jpg

IMG_1936 (1).jpg

IMG_1935 (1).jpg

Back