getting ready to bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jschaf

Reaction score
Has anyone else had to drink an obsessive amount of brew to free up bottles for more brew? because this is what my life has come to.

So far I have just been buying new bottles. $10 for a 12-pack of bombers is hard to argue with...

Sounds like you have exceeded your limit and need to build up your bottle supply. I know that means drinking more beer but at least when you are done you have more bottles!

Take a stroll through the neighborhood on recycle day, tons of free bottles in those plastic bins.:D

Well it's a brew that I made, a pale ale, so not so bad! I had 3 cases of bottles, but had to leave them in Louisiana due to lack of space in the car when I moved... also don't have a lot of money for more bottled beer. Building from the ground up, one brew at a time.

Means more money for brewing ingredients......

And probably offers for crack as well....:D

You know there is always some beer left at the bottom of each bottle and if you pour them all into one bottle you can almost get a full bottle. After doing the whole neighborhood you get enough to get a good buzz on. :D

i just go in the dead of night to the recycling center here in town. They have a whole bin dedicated to brown bottles (wooohoo!). gone are the days of paying $12 for 24 bottles. though i have to turn my brain off to how disgusting it is digging through the garbage.

i just go in the dead of night to the recycling center here in town. They have a whole bin dedicated to brown bottles (wooohoo!). gone are the days of paying $12 for 24 bottles. though i have to turn my brain off to how disgusting it is digging through the garbage.

Yeah, I was just making fun but I have to admit I would feel uncomfortable digging through my neighbors recyclables. "It's ok, I just need them for my beer!" "You know the beer you make at home?" "Sure, Mr JGLN, we understand, it's for the beer you make at home" "Dad, Mr JGLN is digging through outr trash again!" "Close the blinds honey, just close the blinds and make sure the door is locked" :(

I don't like you. I want 61 grolsch bottles.

That's in addition to the other 3 cases of swingtops we have, fischers, italian lemonade, midwest 1liters etc.

Another good place to find them is Goodwill or salvation army type stores. Usually some good beermugs/glassware there too.:rockin:

Yeah, I was just making fun but I have to admit I would feel uncomfortable digging through my neighbors recyclables. "It's ok, I just need them for my beer!" "You know the beer you make at home?" "Sure, Mr JGLN, we understand, it's for the beer you make at home" "Dad, Mr JGLN is digging through outr trash again!" "Close the blinds honey, just close the blinds and make sure the door is locked" :(

The elderly always walk around my neighborood digging through the recycle bins for cans.

One mans trash is another mans treasure!:D

Has anyone else had to drink an obsessive amount of brew to free up bottles for more brew? because this is what my life has come to.

I'd hate to poop at your party, but you live in MICHIGAN! Go down to the bar or store and ask if you can sort through their empties and pay them for the deposit. I have a place nearby that sells a bunch of different good beer and they just let me paw around back there.

TEN CENTS EACH! Any funky bottle I want. The worst thing is that I'll have to soak them overnight in Oxiclean, but I'd do that anyway until I'm positive they won't have any gunk in them.

The local bar keeps Guinness bottles for me. I just have to pull out the widget with needlenose pliers and slit the plastic wrap label. SOOOO easy!

Back