getting extra drunk this weekend!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drunken clown

Reaction score
hellz yea! a good brewing buddy and i are off to boston on thursday night and staying till monday, for no other reason than to drink beer! gonna hit up sam adams, and harpoon brewery's, as well as many brew pubs, and as many just plain pubs we can handle!:drunk: ! cant wait! was gonna be 5 of us but 3 dropped out at last minute!:mad: #$%& losers! hahahahhahahahahaha! boston here we come!!!!!!!

:mug:

The beer essentials in Boston, other than the biggies, are:
Sunset Grill & Tap
Redbones (bbq/beer good tap selection, in Davis Sq, Sommerville)
Cambridge Brewing Company (Kendall Square, Cambridge, best micro in town IMO)
Boston Beerworks (kind of overhyped/priced, but still good & near Fenway)
JJ Foley's (15ish on tap, but a great 'real' Boston bar, Downtown Crossing)
Stewarts Pub (Everett, because I'll be drawing pints there :D )

What areas are you planning on hitting? Looking for live music? It's pretty easy to find a good time in many places in Boston, Cambridge and Allston/Brighton/Sommerville. Have a good time!!!!! :mug:

Since St. Patties is a Saturday this year, it'll be an absolute and complete zoo. Last year it was ridiculous by about 3PM and it was a workday Friday. It was cold, and I saw lines at almost everyplace - not lines of 4 or 5, but lines of 40-80+. If it's crazy like that and the lines suck, if you are near Faneul Hall, I have a suggestion. Walk from Faneul Hall to the Marriot Longwharf on the waterfront. Right after you cross street to the Marriot, take a left, so the waterfront is on your right. Keep walking and go past "Joe's American". Down just a bit from Joe's, on same side of road, is a place called the SAIL LOFT. Go there. There will be little/no line, great women/crowd, and there's a deck on the side that goes out to the water so you can step out for air, catch a smoke, look at the marina across the way, etc.
Also -- if you're down by North Station, you can go to the "longest bar in Boston" -- we always just cut through and stop for 1 beer -- called Sullivans.
In same area, McGinn's is decent.
Have fun! Might bump into you, still up in air w/SWMBO about whether or not we'll head into town for some fun on St. Patties Day...

Lou, I can see acroos Columbus Park to the Sail Loft from my office - 195 State in the building with the Dockside Saloon. How bout the Landing (outdoor bar) at Aquarium in the summer? Good stuff.

Sweet view! I haven't ever been to the Dockside Saloon or the Landing at Aquarium, need to put them on my radar I guess!
Just moved back to MA after living away since 92 (when I was 24 and we had a 6 month old), so I am not fully up to speed on good places to imbibe. The sunset grill in Allston is definitely a great call, though - wish it was easier to get to from here -- I would lose my job over a DUI, so I like to train where I can (we live a walk from commuter rail), but since the trains quit at midnight it's kind of a drag, so we stay local most of the time (like real local, in our house!).
There are a lot more folks on this board from MA than I would have originally guessed! Good to meet you, so to speak, FierySword.

heck yea! im gonna print this page and throw it in my bag before i go, so i dont forget anything! and no we dont have any real plans exept hitting up the brewery's! other than that we are just winging it and getting chit faced for four nights! on this kind of vacation (no kids or wife) we think this is the best thing to do! that would be awesome to meet someone their that knows were all the good pubs, ect... is! we just plan on asking around! i cant #$%&#$%&$%^* wait! shipping off to boston in t-minus 25hours and 3 minutes!

:ban:

z987k said:
How;s a Tuesday night for no other purpose than getting drunk?
lets not forget :

Moist Monday
Tasty Tuesday
Wet Wednesday
Thirsty Thursday
Frothy Friday
Sloppy Saturday
Sleepy Sunday

New weather report, supposed to snow Friday and be messy Saturday. The nice high-60's weather we've had the last couple of days is gone and it will be cold again - 30s-40s - so now I'm getting feedback from SWMBO that she isn't all that up for going out on St. Patties day! Figures! I guess I still have a couple of days to work on it.

You'll have a blast -- the brewery tours are a great idea! Have a blast in Boston - but be sure to bring some warm clothes just in case you get stuck standing in a line somewhere.

well im back from boston, with no arrest, and still a hell of a hangover after are (buddy joe and i) four day drinking binge! we did happen to leave are soberness, digital camera, and my phone behind in ?some? pub though! sam addams brewery was great! but i have already tried all their beers, so i was more exited about harpoon brewery! it was a @#$^ good time! they lock ya in and feed ya free beer for 45minutes! cant beat that! we dont have anybody that sells harpoon beer in are area so it was all new to me! everything i tried was delish! we also hit up BOTH boston beer works (said in a thread b4 ''over priced/over hyped), well we loved it anyway despite the price! got to talk to the brewers about their potato beer style, and bull s#$ted about others as well! b.b.w. is a good time as well! plus we hit up countless pubs from all sides of the city! I recomend boston for all! history and good beer, cant go wrong! well...need both hands to hold up this growler.....later all!

for starters, i'm glad you had a good, drunken time. that's just the way it is here, most of the time.

buuuuut.....
drunken clown said:
we also hit up BOTH boston beer works (said in a thread b4 ''over priced/over hyped), well we loved it anyway despite the price! got to talk to the brewers about their potato beer style, and bull s#$ted about others as well!
I hear ya. And I think that's a quote I might have something to do with ;) - but it wasn't meant in any disrespect for BeerWorks. It is an excellent brewery, and they do some f*xing crazy thing with beer. The thing that kills it from a year-round point of view is that it is expensive, there is absolutely no (cheap, when sox aren't in season...ANY when they are) parking, and they are the 'big guys'. It's an underdog sort of town; and all modernization, immigration and population only seem to stoke that fire - sometimes despite success.

.:) .:cross: .:drunk:...The Patriots will win the Super Bowl next year.
<sorry, i got all worked up and couldn't help myself.>

LouT said:
Sweet view! I haven't ever been to the Dockside Saloon or the Landing at Aquarium, need to put them on my radar I guess!
Just moved back to MA after living away since 92 (when I was 24 and we had a 6 month old), so I am not fully up to speed on good places to imbibe. The sunset grill in Allston is definitely a great call, though - wish it was easier to get to from here -- I would lose my job over a DUI, so I like to train where I can (we live a walk from commuter rail), but since the trains quit at midnight it's kind of a drag, so we stay local most of the time (like real local, in our house!).
There are a lot more folks on this board from MA than I would have originally guessed! Good to meet you, so to speak, FierySword.
sorry, lou, i somehow missed this post in my sporadic following of this thread!!! I'm in the process of switching jobs from the joint I was talking about before on State Street to a place right outside of Harvard Square in, well...Brattle Square. We should make a Friday after-work-path-crossing at some decent bar in town. Let me know some time that'd be good if you want to - we might be able to drag some other Boston Metro HBT'rs out......hmm?? :D

..and good to meet you too, man. ;) :mug:

quote:
I think that's a quote I might have something to do with - but it wasn't meant in any disrespect for BeerWorks. It is an excellent brewery, and they do some f*xing crazy thing with beer.
unquote-

oh i didnt take it as any disrespect , i understand! if i lived in the area and wanted to go their, and i didnt, because of the price of the beer, i would be $%&^^ off!!! we tried every beer on tap, but we was there to spend some cash and get drunk, so it didnt bother us!!:tank: i didnt think the prices were much differ than anywere else we went......?

Latest posts

Back