Getting back into brewing.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madbaldman

Reaction score
I got into brewing when I was in college (about 15 years ago). I brewed many a batch in a crappy one bedroom apartment. I stopped brewing when I got married, but now that the currents of life have left me single again, I decided to start brewing again. Much has changed. A lot of it is for the better (no secondary for most brews, pouring wort on top of an old cake, Star San). Some is not so great (the price of hops!!!). Anyway you guys have a great board here and already learned a lot so I figured I might as well sign on.

Not sure what hops were 15 years ago, but you should have seen how much they cost last year. I am paying $1-1.50/oz. at Freshops

Thanks for the tips on cheaper hops!!

BTW - Speaking of the dark side, I'm finishing off the last of a batch of stout that is definitely the best beer I ever made!!! As soon as I bottle the IPA, I have apple juice standing by for Edwort's Appfelwein (sp?). The light and dunkel weizens are about ready to bottle too. Damn this is fun!!!

Back