Getting Amped!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tagues

Reaction score
First off, thank you all for the great information in the answers, I am in Afghanistan and have read probably every post on this site over the last 5 months (took 2 mos to register) I'm due back soon and have all the equipment I need (minus a wort chiller) waiting for me to start my first 2 brewing sessions. From the reading, I believe I have picked the right kits, a Hefeweizen, and a Belgian Wit both from Midwest, as they sound to be a forgiving brew if I do pull a newbie foul. I havnt pulled the trigger on the order yet cause I dont want the yeast sitting around for the next month. What I havnt figured out is how far apart should I space my brew sessions? I have 2 of everything so in theory i could do them in the same day if need be, but rather have them weeks, month or 2 I dont know, what do you guys think?

First off, if you're serving in Afghanistan, thanks a lot!

I also have two of everything, and I brew every other week. That gives everything one month in the primary. I don't use a secondary so I don't touch the brew for four weeks. That also gives me a little flexibility. If I don't get around to brewing on the scheduled week, I can brew the following week and leave it in for three weeks and my pipeline isn't interrupted.
I hope that makes sense.

Makes perfect sense Rover, i would start brew 1, 3, & 5 on or about the first of each month and 2, 4, & 6 mid month. That works perfect with the 2 weeks R&R Im taking when i get back. Thanks

First off, thanks.

The hardest part for me about brewing was getting a good pipeline going so I always had something to drink! Every other week is a pretty good strategy.

Back