GE 5.7 cu. ft. big enough for 6.5 gal. bucket?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwalker1140

Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying the 5.7 cu. ft. GE Spacemaker Compact Refrigerator
GMR06AAZWW (sometimes marketed as 6.0 cu. ft.) to hold my 6.5 gal. fermentation bucket. I can't find it in stock anywhere in the Los Angeles area so I thought I would check to see if anyone actually owns this thing. It's the biggest thing I can find without stepping up to a commercial kegerator or standard refrigerator.

My bucket is the standard 6.5 gal type, like the kind Midwest sells. It's diameter is 10" at the bottom and 12.5" at the top, and it's 24" inches tall with the airlock. It looks like the freezer door and tray on the GE can be easily removed but I'm not sure if it would be deep enough, even after removing the shelves on the door.

I realize this is a shot-in-the-dark, but I'd really appreciate hearing from anyone who has this fridge. Thanks!

I would see why it won't be big enought, I want to say the unit will hold four kegs at 9 inches round.

Back