Gas release valve popped out

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenpotf

Reaction score
I kegged about a month ago, and everything seemed fine for a week with co2 pressure (11 psi). I went to draw some beer out after the first week, and nothing came out. I opened my freezer, and all of my co2 was gone. I put a new co2 can in, and everything was great for 2 weeks. I would check everyday to make sure the pressure was fine and it was steady. I was going to drink some today, so I decided to take a look at the gauge - and co2 all gone. :mad:

So, I knew I didn't have any leaks because I was steady for days, but I just checked again and I noticed that the co2 release valve pin POPPED OUT. I guess it popped out under pressure, but now I'm wondering if the beer is bad since I'm not sure how long its been sitting like this. I replaced the cap with another one, and I'm going to get some more co2 tomorrow, but I'm worried the beer is bad. The temp sits around 42 - 44 in the keezer and it's temp controlled. I've never had this happen before, so I'm not sure how this even happened. Outside of tasting the beer, which I can't get out now, what are the odds the beer is bad?

Not yesterday...it could have been any time between the last time I poured and today which is roughly 2 weeks. At the most, it happened 2 weeks ago and the beer has been exposed through the gas release valve hole being opened. You're right though. It has been on gas for at least 3 weeks, but all of that was gone after this pin popped out...

Back