gas post problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WildBuffoon

Reaction score
I just finished kegging a batch of irish red. this will be the first time, I've used this particular ball lock keg. I reassembled everything and stuck the gas on. I was sure I could hear a leak so I sprayed the whole top of keg with soapy water. Sure enough the gas post has a small leak. But it isn't coming from the post itself. It's where the base tube goes into the keg itself. By base, I mean the main tube from the keg that the dip tube rests in and the post threads onto. is there something with the post that would cause it to appear to be leaking from the bottom? or do I actually have a more serious problem?? I have other kegs so I can transfer if I have too, but I'll still need to figure this out either way. Thanks for any insight you can provide.

I have one keg that has a plastic washer type thing between the post and the poppit. Also, there is an o ring on the tube. Could it be that? Is the post tightened down?

the dip tube has a brand new o-ring. I also replaced the o-ring on the post. I re-lubed everything and reassembled it. I double checked to make sure everything was tight. Put the gas on and still a leak at exact same spot. I debated replacing the poppit, but im fairly confident that isn't the issue. I may do it any way though and if that doesn't work then i'm back where I started...clueless!

I have to crash tonight, but I'll get one posted as soon as I get home from work tomorrow afternoon!

Back