Gas or Electric?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I totally have to agree on cost. Was brewing stove top before I went electric and my gas bill was noticeably more expensive on brew months - like $10 more. I can't honestly tell when I've used my electric kettle. I would never use another method.

I can't honestly tell when I've used my electric kettle. I would never use another method.

I'd love to go all electric as well, and some day when I'm in my own house or a place that has a washer/dryer circuit then I will. But for now, in an apartment where I'm not allowed to make modifications, I am completely overjoyed with using the HotRod Heat Stick combined with low gas on stovetop. I get a more aggressive boil (if I turn the gas up past halfway) then I did when on propane using a Blichmann burner outdoors. I could of course just use two elements on two different circuits but having appliances running and such I don't want to trip a breaker, plus I don't have to route the second element's power across my kitchen and watch out for running into it. Works for now, works awesome. But yes, some day I *will* be all electric!

Rev.

I finally made the jump to electric. I was hesitant to go with the 120v system but it worked like a champ yesterday. Blichmann had 40% off the 10 gal boil coil and tower of power.View attachment 610547

Back