Gas disconnect leaking from top??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

br1dge

Reaction score
hey guys,

I noticed yesterday that when I wiggled one of my gas disconnects in my keezer I heard a leak. After looking into it more it seems like the disconnects are leaking from the middle part of the disconnect just above the ring if they are moved at all. I have tried three different disconnects on the same keg and all are doing the same thing so I have to assume that it is the post or poppet on the keg and not the disconnects. Has anyone had this problem or can anyone confirm that this is caused by the poppet, post or o-ring on the post?

Thanks for any feedback.

It could be the poppet or the post. If you remove the post, the poppet should come out. This is not an unusual place for a corny to leak. Also, while you are at it, remove the dip tube and replace the o-ring at the flange.

I can make mine leak if I wiggle it. if the gas line is pulling it up or down it it can leak. I have found not all o rings are made the same. some are too thin and dont give a great seal,while others are so thick that I have trouble getting the QD's off. Id rather have the thicker ones.

Latest posts

Back