Gas burner yellow flame issue with Brutus ten

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

codysjb

Reaction score
Working on my Brutus ten and I'm getting all yellow flames coming out of the burners (no blue). I switched the regulator to a pol connector but it isn't helping. Currently running a 1 psi regulator. When I open all the valves for all three burners the pressure is noticeably lower. Any advice? Thanks!

Is "1 psi regulator" a typo (I hope)?
Assuming it is, can you get at least one burner to fire up clean from "idle" to full power?

fwiw, I run a pair of bg14s from a single 20 pound BBQ cylinder using a POL-style primary regulator feeding a pair of 0-10 psi regulators (that came with the burners) with zero issues, and I know of numerous folks doing similar things. So at least two burners should work...

Cheers!

Not a typo. The tag on the regulator says max 1 psi. I can swap out the regular if that seems too small.

Given it's a total outlier from what you would typically find supplied with a bg14 (0-10 & 0-20 psi with the occasional 0-30 psi) I think you need to find a much higher rated regulator...

Cheers!

Back