Gas beam on Brutus

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K913

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I have decided to attempt to build the famous Brutus Ten. I have the back issue of BYO and have read through it several times. I will have a few questions along the way, some of which may seem very basic.

The first question I have is, are the stainless tees on the gas beam welded directly to the beam? It says in the issue that Lonnie welded couplings to the beam, and then attached the tees. But in the photos it appears the tees are welded directly to the beam without any couplings? If the couplings are welded to the beam, then would you need to use nipples to attach the tees? It only shows one SS nipple on his part sheet. Am I missing something?

Also, where are all the holes drilled for the wires? And are they 3/4"?

Thanks guys. Sorry if the questions are basic. I have been searching the threads and haven't been able to find the answers.

Thanks,

Tim

I welded 1 inch couplers directly to the beam. drilled a 15/16th hole in the beam so that the coupler could sit on the beam while getting welded.

Back