Garage Sale finds?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awarner322

Reaction score
With warm weather quickly approaching...at least in Michigan...I have quite a mental list of things I will be looking out for at garage/yard sales. Anyone have pictures or comments on any garage sale items they have bought, modified and/or re-purposed for homebrewing??

First great find of the season: two cases of 375ml bottles for wine. He was short 3 bottles so he threw in a case of 750ml bottles. Total outlay $20.

Not exactly garage saling but since you are in GR go to 1800lastbid.com
Scroll down to the repocast auctions held on every thursday. They normally have a lot of excess restaurant type equipment, SS shelving, SS tables, Mixing bowls etc. Be aware there are 2 locations one is in Ortonvill on
The east side and the other is there in one of the GR suburbs (exact one slipping my mind just now )

Free cooler that became my mashtun. <$20 total. $10 for a heavy duty folding table that became my brew bench.

Not exactly garage saling but since you are in GR go to 1800lastbid.com
Scroll down to the repocast auctions held on every thursday. They normally have a lot of excess restaurant type equipment, SS shelving, SS tables, Mixing bowls etc. Be aware there are 2 locations one is in Ortonvill on
The east side and the other is there in one of the GR suburbs (exact one slipping my mind just now )

Wow...never heard of this site before. Are you affiiliated with it roadymi? Does the stuff typically sell on there pretty cheap? Just curious

Thanks

No affiliation, I'm just an auction sale junky that occasionally buys stuff there.
Yea I see some pretty good buys, unfortunately it's not easy for me to get over there to inspect stuff before the sales.

I've bought some stainless tables, commercial storage cabinets, a jeep, and other misc crap.
Byron Center is the GR location

I see a lot of stainless and a 3 head beer tap this week, even a small walk in cooler......hmmmmm wouldn't that be fun to explain to the wife.

I have found some unreal good deals on brewing/beer stuff at GS's. One thing that I see a lot of is sanke keg couplers, shanks and faucets. Most of the time the faucets and tubing are junk but the rest can be had for a steal...

No affiliation, I'm just an auction sale junky that occasionally buys stuff there.
Yea I see some pretty good buys, unfortunately it's not easy for me to get over there to inspect stuff before the sales.

I've bought some stainless tables, commercial storage cabinets, a jeep, and other misc crap.
Byron Center is the GR location

hmm this is intriguing...how good of deals are they usually? Seems like just so much stuff

Wifey picked me these up for 5 bux last year. 20# Aluminium. She goes out every Saturday. Leaves me the day to myself, and she comes back with gifts. I don't complain...

tanks.jpg

You can go to past auctions and see what stuff has sold for. If I remember correctly I paid 80-100 bucks ea for my stainless tables.

You can shorten your search time by searching by category. You'll find most of the relevant equip under restaurant supplies.

I bid on a few things...I didn't win them from what I can tell...I think I need to do some more research on this haha

Back