Game of Thrones

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im nit watching leaks. Just gives show more reasons to cancel after next season.

I didn't watch the leak either, nor will I. I'd prefer to see on my 60 inch with surround sound.

However, for the sake of argument, it's over after next season anyway. They have a finite plan, 7 episodes this season and 6 next season then it's done for good. There is also no evidence that leaking hurts viewership despite what they say. Take Episode 4 for example, it leaked a few days early. Ep 4 broke records for the most watched episode ever.

Source: http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/game-of-thrones-episode-4-spoils-of-war-ratings-record-1202519258/

So the Night King can throw an ice spear to take out a flying dragon, but the group of 6 or so White Walkers cannot simultaneously throw all of their spears to kill a handful of half-frozen people sitting exposed and sleeping on an island?

And where the hell did these massive lengths of anchor chain come from to pull out the killed dragon?

So the Night King can throw an ice spear to take out a flying dragon, but the group of 6 or so White Walkers cannot simultaneously throw all of their spears to kill a handful of half-frozen people sitting exposed and sleeping on an island?

And where the hell did these massive lengths of anchor chain come from to pull out the killed dragon?

I am thinking The Night King was impressed by the Dragons & wanted one - The Night King has Giants already so he didn't need to kill the Magnificent 7
eastwatch.jpg

Kind of agree. If they're half rotten how do they have the strength to lift up the chains let alone a dragon?

"Hmm, there's a dragon just sitting there on the ground well within reach of my ice spear. I'd better aim for the one over 500 meters away who is flying and zig-zagging."

And then it worked.

The sacrifices they make in logic to get their story milestones in is really starting to get to me.

Arya is so quick to judge her sister without even recognizing that her sister didn't ask little finger to get and hide the note.

Sansa just last episode talked about what a sneak little finger is and she trusts him at arms length, but all of a sudden she takes all of his advice regarding her sister and sending lady brienne away.

Barathian boy runs back to the wall, they send a raven to dragonstone, D flies to the top of the world in an afternoon.

Jon could have just as easily told daenerys to send the dragons to rush the night king and end ot all right when she showed up, as he did sacrifice himself to get them all off the rock.

Where did the giant chains come from to haul the dragon out of the water?
Can't.

No lake north of the wall is going to have thin ice.

No man is surviving in wet clothes for more than a few minutes...

And his uncle rides in out of the blue...

Ugh. I'll still wait fore every episode but it's just an expensive cgi chess game at this point.

The Night King has had thousands of years to practice his Ice-spear throwing skills, and collect/build chains. Maybe he has a scrapyard somewhere. It isn't the first time he and his minions have fought men and dragons.

I agree that people are making too big a deal about the chains. To me the insanity is the time frame when gendry ran back, sent a raven, and D and the gang flew in to save the day. At a minimum that should be a week, right? And in the show it appeared to be a day?

The time of raven and chains both r just because show is running out of episodes fast and need to speed up time lines. Just tske it with grain if salt.

The time of raven and chains both r just because show is running out of episodes fast and need to speed up time lines. Just tske it with grain if salt.

yes, true. the books are written more like a historic record than a drama. but they're taking a lot of liberties. They should just kill of more people so that they don't have to cram so much. :)

They shouldn't have decided to compress the story so much by limiting episodes. It's not like they're losing money, it's one of if not THE most popular shows on TV. The suspension of disbelief is being strained to its breaking point with some of the stuff they're trying to do to force the story along faster.

They shouldn't have decided to compress the story so much by limiting episodes. It's not like they're losing money, it's one of if not THE most popular shows on TV. The suspension of disbelief is being strained to its breaking point with some of the stuff they're trying to do to force the story along faster.

Agree. I cant understand the marketing behind it. U less the author is making them do it so his books sell out after the show. Thats only logical reason behind it. Hbo is crying seeing the ratings they soom wont have

If they needed more episodes to explain things, why did they cut the seasons short?

GoT producers: We don't want to spread out the material just to have more episodes.

Also GoT producers: We need to speed this story up because we have fewer episodes.

^^^ i think author had something to say about them highjacking his story.

I think George RR Martin doesn't give a damn, you know who wins the Game of Thrones? George RR Martin.

He's made Scrooge McDuck levels of money off of this(you know, if he put it in a pool he could swim in it).

GRRM has said in interviews that he's fine with the divergence, he knew it was gonna happen. He also knew, as did HBO that production costs would be the biggest limiting factor in creating the show(I.e. Finishing the show). The cast members pay has skyrocketed and it's expensive as get out to do the animations like the dragons and such(also can you imagine the makeup costs for all those extras that play the undead).

GRRM *knows* without a shadow of a doubt that the people who read the books before the show was announced will buy all the rest of the Song of Ice and Fire books(probably multiple copies). You know what else he *knows*? If the ending of the tv show flops badly, he's gonna have hundreds of thousands(if not several million) people buying the books to get an ending that wasn't rushed to. I think regardless of the show ending he knows his next two books are gonna break records for sales.

Not that this excuses the ham handedness of this season. Past seasons they'd have may one or two ham hand scenes where it's like "come on guys". Now it's every episode. I think they're largely following the "grand scheme" of things so to speak, but, they know they need to get it done now 7 more episodes. GRRM has the luxury of saying he's gonna do the whole series in 7, but no one believes that for a second(even GRRM). It's gonna be 8 or at least 9 books.

Im interested ti see how HBO makes up for the loss in subscriber amd views after this ends. Walking dead is still rolling along. But HBO doesnt have a show to replace game of thrones.

nothing can take its place.. this is bigger than just about any show can be in a generation.. they already have westworld, which w/o game of thrones would be juggernaut in its own right, just quite overshadowed by the winter!

They already have a few spinoffs in the works set in the GoT world. I heard they were working on 4-5 concepts. And then may develop 1 or 2 into actual series.

They already have a few spinoffs in the works set in the GoT world. I heard they were working on 4-5 concepts. And then may develop 1 or 2 into actual series.

I think everyone would enjoy a prequel showing a young ned stark and robert, showing how the rebellion came about

Back