GABF breweries to try

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yourrealdad

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So my buddy just scored some VIP GABF tickets for the wife and I (not bragging, but I am super excited).

The list is super daunting and I obviously have not heard of many of them. Just wondering if people had some breweries and beers to try that you have had or heard of.

I will be hitting the big boys like Russian River, Three Floyds, Founders, Cigar City, etc. but feel free to mention those as well because I will probably forget. I am less in tune with the midwest and east coast that say Cali and West coast.

Thanks for the input

Check out Barley Brown's. They have some of the best IPAs around. They constantly win awards at GABF.

Fall River Brewing Company. Try the Abbott barrel aged barleywine and the Hex IPA.

They are local here in Nor Cal and the "Abbott Barleywine" I got to assist in brewing it. It was our homebrew competition winner from last year. John Abbott got to go brew his winning beer on Fall Rivers 15 BBL system, well he is a good friend and invited me to join in the brewday.... How ever could I say no..LOL The beer was barrel aged for 8 months before packaging, and is OUTSTANDING! It is being entered in the Pro Am comp at GABF this year.

Cheers
Jay

Societe is know for their IPAs. New Glarus is bringing stuff I've not tried before and try to get some Surly Furious.

I typically stick with smaller breweries which are not in my region. Most of those make fantastic beer as well and do not have much distribution to speak of. I am a barrel aged beer fan and the best ones that I have had in recent years have come from breweries that are out of state for me and are only available at the brewery. There is no other place in the country to try their beers. Not a list like you asked, but more of a different approach.

Latest posts

Back