Future brewer in the oven

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dblvsn

Reaction score
My SWMBO and I just found out that she's pregnant! I'm actually a lot more excited about it than I thought I ever would be. This is our first child so we're both quite nervous. Guess I'd better get brewing for the big celebration! :mug:

Congrats! Are you going to know if it's a boy or girl, or do you want to be surprised?

Congrats. If you want to prepare yourself in advance I can send a few of my kids your way for a week or so.:D

I'd much rather find out ahead of time. I'm hoping for a boy... I think he'd make a better brewing assistant :D

dblvsn said:
I'd much rather find out ahead of time. I'm hoping for a boy... I think he'd make a better brewing assistant :D

I was hoping for a boy both times, but girl number two is due in August.

Congrats, and girls are actually pretty cool (and some would say easier in the early stages).

Congratulations! Children are wonderful. Some people say your life ends when you have kids. I say it is just the beginning!

:mug:

Congrats!! I really wanted a boy for a long time, then my daughter got here and all that changed. And she makes one heckuva brewing assistant. In fact, at age 5, she probably knows more about brewing beer than most of the workers at the local AB plant!

Congrats. We just had our first in march and we decided to wait to find out when she was born that it was a girl. It seems like very few people nowadays wait to find out, but I was glad we did. I would have been happy with either, but my baby girl is adorable.

Congrats. Kids are still a few years off for me, but its got to be an awesome feeling. Brew up a batch asap to crack open the day he/she is born. Instead of cigars you can have a nice homebrew.

Demon said:
Congrats. Kids are still a few years off for me, but its got to be an awesome feeling. Brew up a batch asap to crack open the day he/she is born. Instead of cigars you can have a nice homebrew.

Believe me, I'm already pondering something huge. Not quite sure what I'll brew but it'll definitely be a monster beer. Plenty of time to let it age as well :rockin:

Originally posted by dblvsn

Yooper might beg to differ. :D

Congrats bro! :mug:

Brew up a batch of mead for them to drink when he or she is old enough. Oh and start stocking up on batches, because once the little bundle o joy starts in on the sleep deprivation experiments you won't have time to brew for awhile.

EvilTOJ said:
Brew up a batch of mead for them to drink when he or she is old enough. Oh and start stocking up on batches, because once the little bundle o joy starts in on the sleep deprivation experiments you won't have time to brew for awhile.
+1 on this advice. With my 2 boys under 4, and a list of "honey-dos" a mile long, I'm lucky to get one brew day a month right now.

It is a good time to plan a special brew so you'll have something to toast the new member of the family properly.

Congratulations!

Back