Fun trip in 6/25 storms

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unionrdr

Homebrewer, author & air gun collector
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I had to go to St John's for a heart test yesterday at 3pm. While in the waiting room,They had the news on. Extreme thunderstorm alert for Lorain. Ok,seen this before. Usually not that bad. When I walked out about an hour later,my car parked facing west (towards home),I saw this black & blue,roiling.boiling mass with pink & blue lightening coming my way,& quickly. A large funnel forming at one point that easilly could've been an EF3.
So by the time I fired it up & proceeded out of the hospital area,it hit. Trees bent over,all their branches pointing east. The rain rapidly turning into this roiling foggy mass,churned by the high winds. Dang muffler broke off the exhaust pipe & rattled mercilessly by the wind. First time I ever had that happen. so as I made my up to the Crocker & Basset intercection of Detroit road,I could barely see the tailights 20 some feet in front of me. Now I've got road & track day sort of brakes on my probe,& they were getting slick with all the driving rain. Had to keep pumping them to get any braking power against the traffic in front of me.
All the traffic lights were out all the way home till I got to the Detroit Rd/Abbe Rd intersection. All the way up detroit Rd,trees,branches & power lines down all over. Several really big,old ones too. I had a cop in front of me for a ways,leading the pack westbound on Detroit. 10 miles of this. One tree by this really old stone colonial house was about 2' thick & fell across the road in my end of westlake. Right in front of me. Surely goodness & mercy have followed me all of my days! I said,F this & went to BP,the only gas station (or anything else for that matter) that had power at the moment.
Got some beer & vodka to celebrate the Lord lettin me make it home safely.
But power was out till the middle of the night. And momma was gunna make me beef stew for supper too,having fasted since the afternoon before for the heart test. One good thing though,that lil probe sure did get a power wash!

Back