Fryer Burner and 15+ gallons?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TastySalmon

Reaction score
Does anyone know if a turkey deep frying burner has the capability of boiling 15 gallons or more of wort?

If not, what's a simple and cheap method to be able to boil this much?

Depends on the capabilities of the burner and how many BTU's you can throw out. My FIL has a jet burner he made like 20 yrs ago that will pour on the heat and throw up a quick boil on 15 + gallons. He uses it for crawfish. I have no idea how many BTU's but it sounds like a fighter jet taking off. You question is really the BTU's.

And the stand. For safety purposes do have an appropriate stand that will hold 15 gallons.

It is my understanding that 15 gallons of boiling wort can cause some damage. Be careful.

I've got an inexpensive Hurricane burner I've modified to run on natural gas. It'll do the deed without any problem. But as others have pointed out, 15 gal will weigh a great deal so do your homework on whatever stand you end up with.

Back