fruit purees

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

regulatedhobbyist

Reaction score
Hey all,

it's been a while since I've been on here. I was thinking, never a good thing, that I could try and use one of those vinter's harvest fruit purees for my next melomel. Does anyone have any experience with these? If so how much should I use compared to "regular" or homemade fruit purees?

If you have used them? what recipes are you willing to share?

Wad wondering same thing myself. I have a can of the blackberry puree and was thinking i could use it for a batch

Hey all,

it's been a while since I've been on here. I was thinking, never a good thing, that I could try and use one of those vinter's harvest fruit purees for my next melomel. Does anyone have any experience with these? If so how much should I use compared to "regular" or homemade fruit purees?

If you have used them? what recipes are you willing to share?

Wad wondering same thing myself. I have a can of the blackberry puree and was thinking i could use it for a batch
Dunno, they don't seem to be available here.

Is there any info about how many pounds weight, the puree cans equate to ?

As that'd be a good place to start.

I like to add my fruit by getting a basic country wine recipe, which often allude to between 3 and 4lb of fruit per gallon. I make a traditional, then add the fruit toward the end or after the ferment has finished, as I like plenty of fruity flavour, reminiscent of the original fruit, and not just a hint as you'd tend to get from including it all in primary.

Latest posts

Back