Fruit of my labor...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgiaTiger

Reaction score
I brewed a Chocolate Stout and bottled it. Today, although it's only been carbonating about 5 days, I took one out and chilled it. Popped the top and a nice phhht with smoke rising. Poured it in a glass and got a head. Not a large head, but a head none the less. Took a sip and BAM! It was carbonated. Could have used another few days but very very good right now! Taste was very good without that "off" flavor of fruit that I always got before. It was just a solid beer. I can't wait to give this another week to really condition out. This was my first batch in three years and is the best I've ever done. I can't believe just how good the taste is. It's just solid! Now I can't wait to brew another! WOOT!

BTW...got some nice lacing on that little head all the way down the glass.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1484688004.302972.jpg

Oh I've already started. Got an APA bubbling away right now. Gonna brew again next weekend but gotta figure out what I want to brew. I'm just not sure what I want to do.

A nut brown is always nice this time of year right through spring :)

Beers like stouts and porters always seem to get better with a little aging, if you can avoid drinking them all, lay some back and see how they develop.

Yeah. I'm not gonna drink them all for sure. Six maybe, but I want to let them sit for a while. Got this APA that I'll bottle by next weekend. Then may take the advice of doing a nut brown ale.

Back