Frozen Mango concentrate?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sago

Reaction score
I have a bunch of frozen juice in my freezer and wondering what I can do with that? I want a feeling of mango will taste like before I start making from fresh fruit. Gotta try the hillbilly wine first xD

I'll add 2 pictures of ingredients. No preservatives. It does have orange and grape as well, I wouldn't know how much acid to add, if any.

Edit: NEED recipe for 1 gallon. I can figure the sugar levels but the acid blend is all I need to know. Add or not

Edit2: Without making a new thread, whats exactly backsweeten and stabilizing. My wine turned out awesome within the first month, tasted like a yellow tail exactly with some bitter notes in the middle. Then it turned into a dry wine the month after. Backsweeten would be awesome, my local store sells sweetener if thats what it is

20140103_182132.jpg

20140103_182145.jpg

Sago said:
I have a bunch of frozen juice in my freezer and wondering what I can do with that? I want a feeling of mango will taste like before I start making from fresh fruit. Gotta try the hillbilly wine first xD

I'll add 2 pictures of ingredients. No preservatives. It does have orange and grape as well, I wouldn't know how much acid to add, if any.

Edit: NEED recipe for 1 gallon. I can figure the sugar levels but the acid blend is all I need to know. Add or not

Edit2: Without making a new thread, whats exactly backsweeten and stabilizing. My wine turned out awesome within the first month, tasted like a yellow tail exactly with some bitter notes in the middle. Then it turned into a dry wine the month after. Backsweeten would be awesome, my local store sells sweetener if thats what it is

Just sweeten by the glass as you drink. Easy and safe!
For details on stabalizing ans backsweeting look at the sticky notes.
For extra off site reading ECKrouse web site has lots of free info. Pretty much everything you need to start with. Read the whole thing. Follow links. More info is hidden all over the site.
Happy brewing!

Turned out awesome! Don't add any acid blend if anyone does this. Everyone loved it, I'm ready to use real fruit now =)

I'd also like to know your recipe. I'v started one 3 weeks ago with Minute maid mango to see if that juice worked out well. It ferments very nicely but I was afraid it might lack some body so I added chopped raisins.

Back