from the bottle into the keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deanfootlong

Reaction score
so, i am having an issue with a batch that I just bottled. I am not getting a consistent carb throughout each bottle on this batch. I just got a kegging set up. since im having issues with this batch, could I open all the bottles and put it in the keg and recarb it?

How long have the bottles been conditioned? I would not keg. You already added sugar and would introduce more O2.... don't get hung up on perfect carbinaton... drink and enjoy, keg the next batch

its only been three weeks. i'll wait a few more. i like your statement. maybe i have been spoiled by the way my past batches carbonated. i'll wait it out and see what two more weeks does for this batch. if still no improvement... should i pop the top and do carb tablets?

if still no improvement... should i pop the top and do carb tablets?

If you go this route, you'd better make sure the beers have been uncapped long enough for the existing CO2 to degas, otherwise existing CO2 plus carb tabs may put your bottles in grenade mode :(. For that matter, even if they have degassed, there could be sugar left from the initial prime. I wouldn't chance it.

Don't forget to agitate your bottles, I've seen where a case wouldn't carbonate but did so very quickly after shaking the yeast up.

Latest posts

Back