From Power Cord to What in the Control Panel?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cioffi

Reaction score
Okay, I'm confused on a major part of the control panel build. I'll be hard wiring a Xerox cord - the one with GFI built into it - to my control panel, so from dryer outlet to control panel. Once to the control panel, do the four wires hook up first to terminal strips/blocks and then from there to other components? Or, what?

It certainly would be helpful to have some background on your rig, what other components you are talking about, size of the breaker in your panel, etc.

I'm working off my dryer outlet, so 30A, 220V. I'll be using two 5500W elements, one in the HLT and one in the BK. I'll have one PID, one SSR, and will more than likely use three contactors (one for on/off switch, and one for each element). Also, I'll have two pumps. So, the question is, then, what's the first line of contact for the four incoming wires from my power source? Again, from P-J's diagrams, it looks like there are four terminal strips, one for each wire, and then out to the various components.

It should go from plug to your contactor to your terminal blocks for both hot legs, ground and neutral should go straight to the terminal blocks

If you have a master off then it will go thru a contactor. If you don't have a Master switch then it wires directly to the terminal blocks for distribution.

Latest posts

Back