From my Mr. Beer keg to a Corny Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

royal1911

Reaction score
Guys, Thanks for everything that I have read so far in this forum. I have been lurking for the past few weeks and have learned so much from all of you.

I got a Mr. Beer kit on Craigslist for $10 a few months back and now I'm hooked! I ordered a 3 pack of HME from Amazon and more hops, 2 more fermenters and UME from Mr. Beer and bought a Cornelius keg and co2 bottle.

I have brewed 4 batches so far, 1 was drank fast and the 2nd is in the bottle now. I used the Bengal Tiger IPA and Liberty Lager recipes on Mr. Beer.com for 3 and 4. They are currently in the fermenter now. I want to keg the Bengal Tiger IPA but I'm unsure of when to do it. Should I leave it in the primary (mr. beer) fermenter for a month or transfer to another secondary fermenter before kegging or should I just transfer it right into the keg?

Thanks for the help.

BTW, these will be the last Mr. Beer recipes. I am going to try a partial mash next and I'm very excited about it!

You can leave the IPA in primary for a month, then go straight to keg. That's what I do unless I am dry hopping.

You should look into an ale pale so you can do 5 gal batches! That should make your beer last longer.

You can leave the IPA in primary for a month, then go straight to keg. That's what I do unless I am dry hopping.

You should look into an ale pale so you can do 5 gal batches! That should make your beer last longer.

Thanks, Maxam. I am definately going to 5 gallon batches soon! I'm planning on getting a few more cornys and building a kegerator by the end of the year.

Awesome plan! After years of brewing and kegging, I finally built my kegerator this past week. Can't believe I waited...

I can't believe my wife gave me the ok so I'm going to go BIG before she knows what she has allowed me to do!

Roger that! And sad to say, I've had the mini-fridge for about 3 years, the double tower about 2 years, and a great hopped up wheat kegged for just about a year. It literally took me an hour and a half from unloading fridge to pouring from the faucet to test. Including finding my 1 and only gas leak...

Roger that! And sad to say, I've had the mini-fridge for about 3 years, the double tower about 2 years, and a great hopped up wheat kegged for just about a year. It literally took me an hour and a half from unloading fridge to pouring from the faucet to test. Including finding my 1 and only gas leak...

Cool, I've thought about a mini fridge to save on space.

Back