From growler to bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lumbee

Reaction score
Hey guys, this may be a stupid question, but here it goes. I picked up a growler of seasonal brew from a local brewery last night. I would really like to stretch the growler out of a few weeks (or months). Is there any way I could re-bottle this beer into 12oz bottles? Surely its 'technically' possible...no? Then the question is can you reliably do it. I'm just thinking you could add a small amount of priming sugar to add carbination. Any hooter, just thought I would put it out there and see if anyone has tried it.

Hey guys, this may be a stupid question, but here it goes. I picked up a growler of seasonal brew from a local brewery last night. I would really like to stretch the growler out of a few weeks (or months). Is there any way I could re-bottle this beer into 12oz bottles? Surely its 'technically' possible...no? Then the question is can you reliably do it. I'm just thinking you could add a small amount of priming sugar to add carbination. Any hooter, just thought I would put it out there and see if anyone has tried it.

not worth the effort and you'll be left with bottles of subpar beer. drink that growler fresh!

I agree with Atom

A growler is only 4 pints. Drink it over a day or 2 to get the best out of it

I wouldn't bother and especially wouldn't bother with the sugar. It a local brewery so my guess is you can get more easily.

Lumbee,

Check this out ! I thought it seems like a great idea. My brother just got one. Maybe this would be what would solve your issue.

NRS

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks northriver and scout. I'll check both those solutions out, both look promising. I don't like drinking more than 16oz in one sitting, and I don't like feeling rushed to drink my beer.

Back