From Brazil!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VieiraBM

Reaction score
Hello everyone! My name is Felipe (VieiraBM) and I'm a food engineering student from Brazil. At the moment I'm studying beer process in The Netherlands. I hope I can learn and further also provide some useful information for our discussions!

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience as a home brewer but I will definitely start to brew when I come back to Brazil in September and I will need your help to adjust my home brewing set and make good beer!

Therefore, I would like to ask to enter in this group of beer lovers.

See you and let´s make beer!

While you're in the Netherlands, try to learn everything you can about malting barley/wheat, growing your own hops, and culturing your own yeast.

In many parts of the world, they have brew shops on every corner where people can stroll in and buy 15 different types of malt, hops and yeast.

But you won't have that in Brazil, I don't think. So you really need to learn everything you can on doing it all from scratch, from growing your own raw ingredients in the dirt all the way through brewing and bottling.

Welcome aboard, mate.

Welcome!! I didnt know that there were craft beer enthusiasts in Brazil... Right on!

But you won't have that in Brazil, I don't think. So you really need to learn everything you can on doing it all from scratch, from growing your own raw ingredients in the dirt all the way through brewing and bottling.

Welcome aboard, mate.

Actually...you will have that in Brazil. There is a large selection of imported malts from Weyermann, Castle Malting, Best Malz, Breiss (e.g. Lamas brewshop alone has 89 types of Malts). There is also available a huge selection of hops from every corner of the world. Liquid least is harder to come by but it is also available. We have some fantastic craft and homebrewers here in Brazil.

Cheers!

Look for any fruit that can be gleened (taken for free) hanging over public property. I am sure there are lot of options, being in a tropical climate, where fruit is abundant and always fresh, the sky is the limit when it comes to picking and gathering fruit grown outside the fence Are there laws about gleening or picking the abundant fruit growing outside the fence. Sometimes I get lucky, and the property owners are thinning their trees at that time

Back