From Boston to You

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Myke

Reaction score
How goes it, all? I've been homebrewing since earlier this year, so I'm still pretty new, but am enjoying this completely, despite failures.

I found this site because I'm in need of advice in certain areas. I've found that I am horrible at brewing amber ales. Dark ales are what I have been concentrating one; the darker the better, if you ask me.

I anticipate on using this site to smooth out the areas I am rather rough at, and from what I've read, I won't be let down.

So from Boston to the rest of you: Glad to be here and thanks in advance for anything you guys can do to aid me. I hope to fully recipricate the favor once I am skilled enough to do so.

Welcome to HBT! :mug:
In addition to the great information you will get here, I suggest you get a good book on brewing. There are a number of them and I always recommend Charlie Papazian's The New Complete Joy of Home Brewing. It's not only informative, Charlie makes home brewing fun.

And oh, don't forget the Home Brewing WIKI.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

I'll second what Rich said about Charlie making homebrewing fun. I recommend his book highly. Also, if you want to get a little deeper into the science of brewing I would recommend "How to Brew" by John Palmer. The third edition is in print now, but you can take a look at his first edition for free online at How to Brew.com.

Oh, welcome to the best homebrew forum in town from a fellow masshole.

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually am about 2/3 of the way through "The Complete Joy of Homebrewing"; very informative book. I will take a look into "How to Brew" as well. I'm very much looking forward to the help I will receive, and already have in just a day.

And thanks for the warm welcome!

Back