Fridge thermostat bypass question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer666

Reaction score
Hope i have posted in the right place here. I have bypassed all my other fridges but i cant remember how i did it and am unable to find the video i used for instructions. Below is a photo. Am i right in thinking i need to join the 2 brown wires? Hope the photo is ok. Cheers

20220803_103920.jpg

I took out the thermostat for a closer look and its now obvious i need to join the black and brown wires together. I just took my broken fridge apart to check.

20220803_125658 (2).jpg

Yup, it should be that simple.
Another color combination for the hot in/switched hot out is black and red, respectively.
Green/Yellow striped is always a chassis safety ground and can be ignored/left in place...

Cheers!

Thanks for your help. I have sorted it so its all good now. Cheers.

Thanks for your help. I have sorted it so its all good now. Cheers.

Good I got a very old fridge the other week gave it a clean up plugged it in ..zilch and thought damn should have tested it before I cleaned it! Then thought hold on I am going to use this with and external control device so Shorted out the thermostat and tried again.. bingo compressor kicked in straight away. Got a Inkbird and it is doing fine now.

Thats greatr news. My large fridge was all buckled on the inside back wall. Now i need another i cant find one cheap and local. Typical.

Back