Fridge keeps freezing beer/cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketsan

Reaction score
Bought a new house... Came with an old fridge in garage... The temperature control inside fridge was broken off so everything just freezes in the fridge... Is this a tosser or is there something I can get to regulate temperatures? What and where? Is it more economical to just get a new fridge?

Cheap fix: STC-1000. I have a 50s style vintage fridge that is crazy sporadic, but about $40 for all supplies for a regulated temperature, and this fridge is awesome!

I was going to link you, but just search for STC-1000, there's tons of write-ups and DIYs for it, just browse them and see which one works for you. As long as the fridge gets cold, it will work, because it will plug into the the STC-1000 and that will regulate when the fridge runs.

It's a keeper! Build a temp controller out of an STC-1000 or an Auber 2362. Plenty I threads on it. Or buy a pre-built STC-1000, RANCO, or Johnson Controls and use the fridge as normal or as a kegerator/ferm chamber.

Easiest of these options for a homebrewing rookie, a technical moron and a tool-limited individual (I am all these)...

Latest posts

Back