Friday Night Brew Session

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjp36

Reaction score
So last night I had a couple friends over to hang out and brew some beer. I brewed up 6 gallons of a golden-monkeyish tripel. Time for photos yay!

The grain for this batch was crushed using my newly built pasta crusher:
Picture_0115.jpg

Picture_0107.jpg

I tried to get a picture of the crush, but they all came out blurry. It did a good job though, i ended up around 78% efficiency. I think i still need to rough the rollers up more though. It took a while to get through all 15 lbs of grain.

The Mash:
Picture_0059.jpg

Held at 148 for the whole 90 minutes.

Sparging:
Picture_0085.jpg

On the counter there you can see a picture of my delicious homebrewed Chocolate Oatmeal stout. That one went over very well.

After that we started the Boil. I forgot to get pictures of that. But I'm sure you all know what boiling wort looks like. Besides, i had more important pictures to take. It was Pork Time!
Picture_0065.jpg

9lb shoulder dry rubbed and roasted in the oven for 6.5 hours. mmmm.

All pulled apart:
Picture_0077.jpg

I had fresh rolls, a mustard/vinegar bbq sauce and homemade coleslaw and baked beans as well.

Back to beer. Homemade Candi Syrup goes in with 15 minutes left:
0512092200.jpg

Chilling after the boil:
Picture_0094.jpg

All tucked away in the beer closet:
Picture_0133.jpg

Front is the tripel, behind that theres a nugget nectar clone being dryhopped with some simcoe and palisade, and then beers in various stages of bottle conditioning on the left and several cases of emptys.

And here's the saison that's in my bedroom closet since i needed an outlet for the aquarium heater. It's finishing up nicely around 85 degrees now:
Picture_0154.jpg

Once the brewing was all finished, we got to watch Lebron's buzzer beater over the magic. All in all, a good way to spend a Friday night. :mug:

i love golden monkey too. thats what made me start brewing tripels, i also love pork and buzzer beaters that was amazing!

Back