Fricken Airport Delays!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maddmann

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just a rant, so fricken pissed, have had to go through security 3 times now and have also had to be rerouted three times because of delays and missing connectors. This just sucks. Trying to get from Sacremento, CA to Charlotte, NC.

But the good note is that work is now paying me to drink for the next few hours and and they are also paying for the beer!!! :rockin: But I am also ready to get home.

I feel your pain.

Just hope and pray you're not stuck sleeping the night on a designed-so-you-can't concourse bench.

LOL, gotta say that is definately what i fell like doing. But I do know that it is not in my best interest in doing that. Wonder if i am going to find any more delays in seattle.

Sorry about your delay. I will be doing some UAL stuff outta Denver tomorrow, I leave 10 early almost all the time. Come fly with me.

Comeflywithme.jpg

Sac is a bad airport I was there last week.

As for going in and out of security 3 times I dont understand why...

Coming from a frequent flier ...there is nothing you can do relax getting pissed isnt going to help ;)

Just consider the alternatives...

Amtrak, Avis or Greyhound

Those delays aren't so bad after all are they?

When you out it that way, the airport is no problem, even with the delays.

I just think that it kinda sucks that they tell you to be somewhere at a certain time, then when you get there that they tell you that it is delayed and then make you wait more. I know that it isnt their fault, but it still kinda sucks.

Damn, just noticed that. It, Maddmann has been my gaming alias from '98, dont know where it came from but it just kinda stuck.

No worries, but be forewarned: I'm getting drunk tonight and you've singled yourself out for good-natured ridicule. :rockin:

:mug:

Too bad we don't have a high speed rail system here in the US.

Arrive at the terminal 10 minutes before departure to buy your ticket.

Board the train a couple minutes before it pulls out.

Grab a seat in the club car. Order a beer. Kick back and enjoy the ride.

Finally got home this morning. I got rerouted one more time and then finally got a red eye flight back. I looked at all the reciepts for all the beer from when I started drinking that morning till the time that I got home and it was around $140. I didn't even have that many, but each one was roughly $8 for a tall (Thinking how many gallons of homebrew $140 would make). Oh well, just glad to be back at home.

Too bad we don't have a high speed rail system here in the US.

Arrive at the terminal 10 minutes before departure to buy your ticket.

Board the train a couple minutes before it pulls out.

Grab a seat in the club car. Order a beer. Kick back and enjoy the ride.

Aviation is just too complex and there are too many variables for it to be 100%. Hell, last week I left Atlanta 10 minutes early, arrived in Kansas City 30 minutes late due to a headwind. Ran late the rest of the day becuase of wind. Oh well!

Back