Freezer Chest Drain Plug Loose On Bottom

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

travisbklein

Reaction score
Hey guys,

quick questions, I have been scouring the internet and still can't find out if this is normal.

I have a lowes freezer chest 7 cubic feet, I love it. However I noticed recently that the defrost drain plug at the bottom inside the freezer, is just laying on the drain hole.

It has threads like it is supposed to screw in, however the hole has no threads and there is no way to get the plug to stay firmly there.

Is the plug really needed?

Is it supposed to somehow snap into place and I'm just missing something?

The outside front of my freezer has the stopper that needs to get pulled out in order for the defrosted ice/water to be drained out. So I can't see a way of something leaking out with that closed.

Well thanks for any help, this just really confuses me the purpose of that drain stopper on the inside that my kegs keep knocking around.

Travis B Klein

Hey guys,

quick questions, I have been scouring the internet and still can't find out if this is normal.

I have a lowes freezer chest 7 cubic feet, I love it. However I noticed recently that the defrost drain plug at the bottom inside the freezer, is just laying on the drain hole.

It has threads like it is supposed to screw in, however the hole has no threads and there is no way to get the plug to stay firmly there.

Is the plug really needed?

Is it supposed to somehow snap into place and I'm just missing something?

The outside front of my freezer has the stopper that needs to get pulled out in order for the defrosted ice/water to be drained out. So I can't see a way of something leaking out with that closed.

Well thanks for any help, this just really confuses me the purpose of that drain stopper on the inside that my kegs keep knocking around.

Travis B Klein
if out side is sealed should be okay. I'd personaly remove plug and use it as route to put co2 outside, but thats me.:fro:

Latest posts

Back