• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

free thermostat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scsnick

Reaction score
I had a fridge that went bad on me. It was from the mid 90s and was a unique set up. It didn't have the regular fridge coils on the back and the one on the inside. It was a single door unit, with inside dimensions about 48Hx25Wx24W. The refrigeration set up was more like a freezer with coils wrapped around the inside of the walls. You couldn't see anything from the inside, or outside.

Before I scrapped it I took off some parts I thought may be useful. The thermostat has a little probe that went through a small hole into the bottom of the fridge and the dial sat underneath in the back. The black wire came from the power line and the yellow wire went to the compressor constant pin. Also has another small tab to put a small push on connector to ground the thermostat to the frame.

If anyone can use it, its free for the taking. I'm not sure if it would work with a freezer to bring it to fridge temps, but its worth a shot

If interested, let me know. It fits in a flat rate envelope. Ill pay the 3 bucks to ship it to you

Back