Free Brewmasters Tasting Kit - Killian's Red

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't received anything either. No survey, email, anything. But, after I finding out they were plastic I don't care anyway.

mine took quite a while to come in the mail. I saw the plastic cups and was like WTF lol kept the key chain and im pretty sure the wife threw out the cups.

Got mine yesterday(took like 1.5 months). Plastic cups with stickers were kind of cheap but will be great sampling glasses for testing beer with everyone etc. Keychain is decent. Their literature was crap "Some beers are easy to drink and others are dark." You can tell their whole literature was purely writen to make their beer sound like the best of both worlds.

Does it honestly contain this line? Holy crap! They are supposed beer brewers and they propagate this pro-BMC BS? Inexcusable.

I'm willing to bet it's the marketing side promoting this garbage. I'll bet the brewers don't roll that way, but in a macrobrewery they probably don't have much say in anything.

Got mine today.And that line is one of many completey WRONG statements about beer and brewing.

What, you mean Ye Old Dark O Meter isn't from a peer reviewed journal?

The tasting glasses will do to see how my keg's doing until I get a few more real tasting glasses (right now I only have two from the SA tour).

I received mine last week. I can accurately say the whole thing went in the trash within 3 minutes after opening it.

Got mine today. As a lot of others stated, i thought i was getting full sized glasses, but hey, they will make for nice sampling glasses!

What did you expect for free, swarovski crystal glasses?

I thought they were going to be actual sampler glasses made from real glass. The kind that brewpubs buy for $0.25 a pop. I thought it was a genuine effort to reach out to beer lovers to build a reputation for serious brewing.

Personally I don't think beer tastes very good from a thick plastic glass. The initial sensation every time you go to take a sip is that you're drinking something at room temperature. A thin walled plastic dixie cup would make a better tasting glass than these things. You can tell that they were trying to make something that only looked like a nice glass tasting glass - they didn't really care if it was functional.

This overall experience leaves a bad taste in my mouth and leaves me with the impression that Killians is just another BMC faker. We should have known better - a lager trying to pass itself off as a traditional Irish ale. I'm also frustrated when I think of the environmental impact of manufacturing and shipping hundreds of thousands of crappy plastic glasses that are going to wind up straight in the trash.

You can tell that they were trying to make something that only looked like a nice glass tasting glass - they didn't really care if it was functional.
This overall experience leaves a bad taste in my mouth and leaves me with the impression that Killians is just another BMC faker. We should have known better - a lager trying to pass itself off as a traditional Irish ale. I'm also frustrated when I think of the environmental impact of manufacturing and shipping hundreds of thousands of crappy plastic glasses that are going to wind up straight in the trash.

I am not necessarily trying to single you out brewthunda, but this thread has been filled with many people complaining about something they got for 30 seconds of their time and at no cost to them.

I for one think it is a great thing due to the fact they are trying to educate people about how to evaluate a beer by using a set of standards and not only how many can be consumed. Do people honestly believe they were targeting homebrewers or craft beer enthusiasts? I don't. I feel they were trying to get the beer drinkers that are on the fence picking between the BMC's and the BMC's "craft" lines.

And with this in mind, I think they felt they needed to have drinking containers that could quickly be thrown in a container and not have to spend extra time to package actual glass. I am fairly confident that they cross advertised using the Coors machine and know that these free deals also hit internet "free/good deal" sites fairly quickly generating several thousands, if not tens of thousands of orders.

I would have loved glass too, but I am not angry with getting free stuff.

To your point of them not being functional...did your glasses have a hole at the bottom?

Got mine about 2 weeks ago. Nice opener, and the little cups will be good for double gin and tonic measuring.
Not bad for free.

I put them on top of the beer fridge, with 5 on tap (so far), they are a great way to check carb levels and give samples out to your friends and not have them commit to a whole glass (more for me)... I'm actually very happy with them... good stuff!

i am fine with them. i thought they would be glass, but its no big deal. i guess its actually a good thing. i was showing swmbo them and dropped 2 of them. they bounced.

Mine came in a few days ago. The cups were the cheap plastic as mentioned previously, but they'll make decent shot glasses.

The keychain bottle opener is pretty sweet though, and you can't beat the price. :D

still waiting on mine...

are they like one time use plastic or... ok/decent/worth rinsing out and saving plastic glasses?

Pretty tacky looking specimen cups for a trip to the doc. Obviously can't complain about free stuff but someone in the marketing department has a screw loose. All I can think is crappy cheap cups for tasting crappy cheap beer. Will let my daughter use them for whatever art project she can dream up.

I definitely would rather have gotten 2 glass cups instead of 4 plastic ones. I don't get it, they use a ton of glass for a cheap $10 12 pack but can't use glass for a promotion where they're trying to win the favor of some customers. The key chain is pretty cool though.

Still have not gotten mine. I'm not exactly worried about it after reading about them though. I'm going to start looking for tasting glasses to have at home. Some nice glass ones. About 6 oz.

Can't complain if it's free!! :ban: Yes, some of the items included in the kit are pretty tacky (IE like the blatant ad for tasting Killians). But the bottle opener alone makes this pretty sweet if you ask me. Still will drink my homebrew....but I can now open any commercial beer with a nice Celtic designed bottle opener.

This may be a stupid question,but does anyone like killians?I think it's the most pitiful attempt at an irish red Iv'e ever had.It's kind of like if you made a tea bag out of crystal 60l and soaked it in coors light.

I never drank until I was out of college for a few years. When I started exploring beer I liked Killians a heck of a lot better than the other crap my friends had me try. I'd probably think it was bland now, back to the barleywine I guess ;)

I used to like it when I didn't know any better. Actually, there is a lot of other crappier beers out there, so if they offered that and BMC (or anything ending in light), I'd probably drink it no problem.

Back