Founders Imperial Stout Clone!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PorterHoarder

Reaction score
I have searched the far reaches of the internet's infinite realm and have found zero recipes for a Founder Imperial Stout clone. Its my favorite beer but I don't have nearly enough experience to try and clone it myself. If anyone has a recipe or maybe even a NH Night Tripper recipe that'd be killer. Thanks!!!

Hey PorterHoarder - I've not seen a good recipe posted for Founder's RIS, but I'd suggest hitting up O'Connor's homebrew shop. Whenever I've wanted a local clone recipe, they've been able to get close. I love that they'll print instructions and everything. Before I had beersmith, it was nice to get the printed sheets from them. It's a little thing, but it makes the brew day smoother.

I should say that I have no connection to O'Connor's, other than being a customer.

hmmmm... Thats a good idea. I've actually never been in there. I usually go to Sicilianos. I'll try that. I was also thinking about emailing Founders as I've heard they're pretty good about giving up their recipes.

I like Siciliano's for craft beer. I spend plenty there on my weekly purchases. O'Connor's just does homebrew, so I try to get there for most of my supplies. If you hit up Founders, try to get to the taproom either early or like 1 - 1:30. You can usually catch a few of the brewers at the bar. Might be able to strike up a conversation. It'll be easier to get through them than the people answering the emails.

What do you mean you can find a recipe?? There was one posted on this site let alone other sites with it! Far and wide,,, really?:confused:

I have searched the far reaches of the internet's infinite realm and have found zero recipes for a Founder Imperial Stout clone. Its my favorite beer but I don't have nearly enough experience to try and clone it myself. If anyone has a recipe or maybe even a NH Night Tripper recipe that'd be killer. Thanks!!!

Back