Found some more stuff!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warix

Reaction score
I have been searching the nooks and crannies trying to gather up all of beer gear. The last time I brewed was 8 years ago. We have moved three times since then so the gear has been scattered all over the place. The last few items I found completed my kit and I am ready to brew in two weeks. The coolest find today was three bottles of my last batch. It was some sort of Amber. I was lurking around this site the other night and I read some posts about how long a bottle of homebrew would last. The bottles I found still looked great! I wiped the dust off and looked at it through the light and the beer looked nice and clear. I decided to open one and put the other two in the fridge. It still had pressure in it and sounded just as I expected it to when I popped the cap. Instantly The smell of beer filled my nostrils and it smelled great also. I poured it into a mug from the freezer, as I poured I kept it slow and at eyel I could see if there were any chunks in it and it poured clear. It had a nice head on it and I could not find a reason why I should not go on ahead and taste it. So I did and it tasted very very good. I drunk that bottle and I am looking forward to the other two, if I pass the toilet test.

Welcome back! It's cool that the beer still tasted good. You must have stored it well? I have an old,large printer cabinet next to my comp hutch that I re-purposed as a fermenter stand/storage unit. Everything works if ya let it.
So look around for any furniture/diy kind of things you can re-use for your brewing stuff. My wife loved the idea that I cleaned up the old printer cab to get my stuff all over the first floor of the house into one neat little corner of the man cave.

Welcome back! It's cool that the beer still tasted good. You must have stored it well? I have an old,large printer cabinet next to my comp hutch that I re-purposed as a fermenter stand/storage unit. Everything works if ya let it.

So look around for any furniture/diy kind of things you can re-use for your brewing stuff. My wife loved the idea that I cleaned up the old printer cab to get my stuff all over the first floor of the house into one neat little corner of the man cave.

Good idea! I have been thinking about doing that with our current entertainment stand. When we upgraded to our flat screen we had to put it up on top of the stand and now we are looking for a replacement entertainment stand. I think the current one would be a great brewing gear storage unit. The big hole where the TV was will hold carboys and such the drawers can hold stirring spoons, racking canes and such. Then the shelves with the glass doors could hold beer glasses and yeast starters. Now if I could some how figure out how to get it into my man cave. I just built a reloading bench in there that took up all of my space. Hmmmm...

Back