FOUND SOME DEALS...online, faucets/ kegging etc.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raptorvan

Reaction score
Probably. Similar ones go for at least 65.00 from what ive seen. They have different ones but ill take it. It isn't gonna affect anything anyways.

Prices look pretty good. Might have to order something. Any idea of the quality of the stout faucet? Cheapest I seem to be finding is $70. Something has to be different for half the price and usually it is quality. I know my perlicks will be lasting a good long time!

It's a great price for what you pay for. Chromed bronze looks good and functions fine. Similar to the brass fittings some of us use instead of stainless. It's just cheaper.

For the best deals on stainless ones, I'd check brewbrothers, they where like 45 for the stout faucet in stainless last I checked.

Stainless is just far more expensive a raw material. Ultimately, you'd probably be the only one who knew the difference.

They have great prices on perlicks I bought my brass forward sealing faucets from them. By far the nest price I have found.

wow, their grain is pretty cheap too...
34 bucks for a 50lb bag

I bought four of the chrome Perlicks from them with shanks and a few other items and didn't have any problems. Haven't purchased any ingredients though.

I bit the bullet and ordered some perlicks and shanks. They offer a discount for UPS ground for qualifying orders, which on top of the savings of their prices makes it hard to beat.

I've priced them against Kegworks, Midwest, and Beverage Factory for perlick 575ss and 4" SS shanks -- Ritebrew wins. BF actually beats them on perlicks with their current promotion but loses due to the ridiculously low shipping. Actually the deciding factor is in the SS shanks, as RB offers them for about 13 bucks and others are over 20.

My final bill with shipping was less than 195 so I had to pull the trigger.

People do get concerned with alleged seeping of lead from brass...now, for a faucet that isn't even an issue as the chrome would have to wear off first and the mead wouldn't seep at temps below 190...besides, the amount is minute and it happens over time with the ball valves.

Ill let you know what i think of the faucets. I ordered last night and its already shipped and in Michigan so I'm assuming that ill have them tomorrow

http://brewbrothers.biz/brewcart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=26_37

Rivenin, you are local. much better deals within driving distance :) Rite Brew seems like a great option though for folks in the Wisconsin and surrounding areas. Really good prices on pretty much everything. Couldn't imagine what shipping would be on a 50lb bag of grain. yikes.

i've been to that shop before, really nice, slightly kooky people... lol
My local shop has a 50lb bag for the $34, and they keep the bag in their PC, that way when you come in, you just get it off your name so it's always fresh :mug:. plus it's in sellwood and probably a 10min drive from my place, brewbros is like an hour+ drive :) thanks for the heads up though!

i've been to that shop before, really nice, slightly kooky people... lol
My local shop has a 50lb bag for the $34, and they keep the bag in their PC, that way when you come in, you just get it off your name so it's always fresh :mug:. plus it's in sellwood and probably a 10min drive from my place, brewbros is like an hour+ drive :) thanks for the heads up though!

Which shop in Sellwood? uBREW? Gotta love them grain ledgers. Makes it nice.

Well, everything came this morning, opened it all up and everything looked fantastic. Thestout faucet was the same one ive seen in stores for 70.00 and the perlick looked and felt great. The shanks are "krome" brand...which got for a good 5.00 more in stores. Now i just have to rack and keg my beer and install my faucets.

Placed an order for some SS shanks and accessories on Tuesday(2-7) afternoon, received an email about an hour later stating that it had shipped. Arrived on Thursday and everything looks good, will keep them in mind for future orders.

Well i got my stuff...actually i got it a couple weeks ago...late post.
Everything looks great, i took everything apart and everything.g inside looks good and decent quality. Functions nice and smooth...now i just have to install them.

Anyone order their economy regulator? I need 2 regulators and I was going to go with Taprite ones but I am on a budget so if I can save money while still getting quality parts.

Anyone order their economy regulator? I need 2 regulators and I was going to go with Taprite ones but I am on a budget so if I can save money while still getting quality parts.

Are you looking for a dual body regulator? You can make one from two regs. I did in fact buy the economy regulator to add to my other one. It works just fine. Its solid, not elcheapo i say get it. Worse case you send it back.

Are you looking for a dual body regulator? You can make one from two regs. I did in fact buy the economy regulator to add to my other one. It works just fine. Its solid, not elcheapo i say get it. Worse case you send it back. Its basically the one you get in a plain white box from your local HBS that costs 50.00

Are you looking for a dual body regulator? You can make one from two regs. I did in fact buy the economy regulator to add to my other one. It works just fine. Its solid, not elcheapo i say get it. Worse case you send it back. Its basically the one you get in a plain white box from your local HBS that costs 50.00

Yeah I know I can make it dual regulator but I'm most likely going to get 2 co2 tanks, one for dispensing and one for carbonating, so I'll need 2 regs.

Yeah I know I can make it dual regulator but I'm most likely going to get 2 co2 tanks, one for dispensing and one for carbonating, so I'll need 2 regs.

You can put a Y adaptir with on off valbes on the tank. If your reasoning is to save gas and effort by keeping it in the fridge and not shuffling around tuen yeah i would get two tanks.

Ok so i got everything setup finally just in time for my brews to be ready to drink and they both work flawlessly.

I just did a 5-tap keezer build (5 shanks, 2 new perlicks [I already had 3], all new ball-lock QD's, gas manifold, a bunch of tubing, etc), and the prices at Ritebrew were so much better than anywhere else I looked that I ordered there. I couldn't be happier. I ordered on a Friday, paid $11 shipping from WI to CA on about a 25# box, and everything showed up the following Friday. I'd gladly use them again...

Back